Force TV Out

Old December 29th 05, 04:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Force TV Out

Hi all, recently I relocated the living room pc into my bedroom. It was running
a GeForce 4 Ti4600 card with "Force TV Out" mode switched on meaning that it
would use TV as the primary display. Now I have connected a monitor onto this pc
and cannot turn "force tv" off because after booting into Windows (XP) the
display would shut down on my monitor. This is understandable as the card is in
TV mode and is not in dual display mode.

Any ideas how I could get into Windows on my monitor without having to bring my
TV over here? Thanks!

Get Firefox browser at www.getfirefox.com
Get free Avast! AntiVirus at www.avast.com

Old December 29th 05, 07:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

By pressing F8 during start-up you can choose to enter windows in "Safe
mode". In Safe mode all the user settings are suspended. There you can alter
the settings you need and after re-boot you will enter Windows as usual (but
with the monitor working).
Good luck...

Get Firefox browser at www.getfirefox.com
Get free Avast! AntiVirus at www.avast.com

I already tried safe mode - naturally. But because it's safe mode the nVidia
settings within display properties wouldn't load - sound logical?

I solved it in the end by uninstalling the drivers in safe mode and reinstalling
them again in normal Windows.