Comments Please GeForce 440

Old December 27th 05, 03:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Comments Please GeForce 440

Is it worth upgrading my video card to this Geforce 440?
I have an Inspiron 8100, P3 1.2G.

I'm a gamer.

Also any discussion of other cards that would work.

Where can I buy the 440?
What will it be worth?

Thanks again
GMC

Old December 27th 05, 10:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"garcam" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is it worth upgrading my video card to this Geforce 440?
I have an Inspiron 8100, P3 1.2G.

I'm a gamer.

Also any discussion of other cards that would work.

Where can I buy the 440?
What will it be worth?

Thanks again
GMC

I'd say that if you are still running a P3, you've really gotten your
money's worth by now. Use that system as an Internet machine or retro
gaming box and buy a whole new system because your current system falls
below the minimum spec for many games. When you mention a GeForce 440, are
you referring to a GeForce4 MX? If so, avoid it like the plague. Many
games don't even support such a card now. A Ti4400 would be better, but
still behind the curve.