81.94 WinXP/2k driver released

Old November 16th 05, 06:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default 81.94 WinXP/2k driver released

Go to:-

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.94.html

"Release Highlights:

Adds support for GeForce 7800 GTX 512 and GeForce 6800 GS
Improved performance for Quake 4
Improved performance and compatibility for Call of Duty 2
Mixed vendor support for NVIDIA SLI.
TV-Out/HD-out support for NVIDIA SLI.
Added support for VSync on Direct3D games when running NVIDIA SLI.
Performance enhancements for dual-core CPUs.
PureVideo high definition MPEG-2 de-interlacing support.
Usability enhancements when connecting to an HDTV.
Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 2.0 support
For a full list of fixed and known issues please view the Release
Notes. "

John Lewis

- Technology early-birds are flying guinea-pigs.
Old November 16th 05, 12:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

John Lewis wrote:
"Release Highlights:

Mean nothing to me as long as there's this bug that causes my monitor go
blank in various situations. I believe this bug is called "Direct
Access" and it even can't be turned off (tried deleting two DLLs from
system32 folder as adviced somewhere, no help). Good work, NVidia!
Old November 16th 05, 12:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Does it support componet ???

81.85 dont work with my card. Stuck with 78.01.

Old November 16th 05, 07:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

wrote:

John Lewis wrote:
"Release Highlights:

Mean nothing to me as long as there's this bug that causes my monitor go
blank in various situations. I believe this bug is called "Direct
Access" and it even can't be turned off (tried deleting two DLLs from
system32 folder as adviced somewhere, no help). Good work, NVidia!

64 bit version is out too and it's working great.
Old November 16th 05, 10:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"John Lewis" wrote in message
Go to:-

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.94.html

"Release Highlights:

Adds support for GeForce 7800 GTX 512 and GeForce 6800 GS
Improved performance for Quake 4
Improved performance and compatibility for Call of Duty 2
Mixed vendor support for NVIDIA SLI.
TV-Out/HD-out support for NVIDIA SLI.
Added support for VSync on Direct3D games when running NVIDIA SLI.
Performance enhancements for dual-core CPUs.
PureVideo high definition MPEG-2 de-interlacing support.
Usability enhancements when connecting to an HDTV.
Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 2.0 support
For a full list of fixed and known issues please view the Release
Notes. "

John Lewis

- Technology early-birds are flying guinea-pigs.

Thanks for the heads up John. I wasn't using the 80 series because with all
of them so far, Paint Shop Pro 9 and X won't run. It's a dual core issue.
McG.

Old November 17th 05, 12:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"McGrandpa" wrote in message

"John Lewis" wrote in message
[...]

AND.... PSP 9 and X still will NOT run under 81.94 with dual core CPU's or
dual CPU's. Back to 77.77 [
McG.