Best driver for 6800gt pci-e?

Old November 15th 05, 09:37 AM
bernard8950

Default Best driver for 6800gt pci-e?

What is the best or most useful driver for the nVidia 6800gt pci-e card?

--
bernard8950
Old November 16th 05, 08:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

bernard8950 wrote:

What is the best or most useful driver for the nVidia 6800gt pci-e card?

the latest one... depending on about another 50 variables.
learn to ask better questions.

--
Steve -|Inglo/LymanAlpha|-
Old November 16th 05, 10:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Inglo Wrote:
bernard8950 wrote:

What is the best or most useful driver for the nVidia 6800gt pci-e
card?

the latest one... depending on about another 50 variables.
learn to ask better questions.

--
Steve -|Inglo/LymanAlpha|-

Inglo,

You sound like an arrogant smart arse. I've viewed hundreds of
forums and you must be the most unhelpful respondent I've come across.
Be a gentleman. Perhaps you would like to suggest how the question
should have been asked; and what are these 50 variables you mentioned?

--
bernard8950
Old November 16th 05, 04:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:11:06 +0000, bernard8950
wrote:

You sound like an arrogant smart arse. I've viewed hundreds of
forums and you must be the most unhelpful respondent I've come across.

Maybe from your massive experience you should have learned not to post
vague unanswerable questions.

Be a gentleman. Perhaps you would like to suggest how the question
should have been asked; and what are these 50 variables you mentioned?

Minor things like what applications/OS you are running and what you
think a driver should provide to be "best" - speed, image quality,
compatibility.
Old November 16th 05, 11:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"bernard8950" wrote in message

Inglo Wrote:
bernard8950 wrote:

What is the best or most useful driver for the nVidia 6800gt pci-e
card?

the latest one... depending on about another 50 variables.
learn to ask better questions.

--
Steve -|Inglo/LymanAlpha|-

Inglo,

You sound like an arrogant smart arse.

Well, he's not arrogant. He's right. He's been around quite a long time
too.

I've viewed hundreds of forums

This is not a forum. This is a public Usenet newsgroup.

and you must be the most unhelpful respondent I've come across.

Considering the realms of possibilities your rather vaguely stated need
opened, It was a quite efficient answer, also informing you of a need for
more information in order to provide a more helpful answer.

Be a gentleman. Perhaps you would like to suggest how the question
should have been asked; and what are these 50 variables you mentioned?

Depends on your operating system and the applications you will be running.
McG.

--
bernard8950

Old November 17th 05, 06:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

McGrandpa Wrote:
"bernard8950" wrote in
message

Inglo Wrote:
bernard8950 wrote:

[...]

I don't think it was an efficient answer; I would consider it to be
abrupt and rude to just brush someone off and undermind their
intelligence. I take your point about a vague question. It would be
more helpful to state that the question was vague and that one needs to
know the OS, etc, etc to answer the questio, like some of your more
helpful replies. I'm sure Ingli has been around a while but that
doesn't mean he's got the right and authority to answer questions in
this manner. Perhaps he should LEARN how to be polite and be civil to
people who asks questions whether they are vague or ambiguous. Anyway,
this leading us nowhere. I shall try my luck elsewhere.

--
bernard8950