Video Card -- 3rd Monitor

Old October 27th 05, 04:42 PM
Karl

Default Video Card -- 3rd Monitor

Hi Guys,

Presently running a system equipped with a GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 4X 64 MB
dual head card, running two monitors. Interested in adding a third, and
if possible a fourth monitor. I do not know if this is possible. Have
seen many system package solutions (Digital Tigers), but video card
multi-monitor advice available online through general search a bit
unwieldy. I would liek to maybe add a third LCD monitor, or an old laptop.

Would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks, Karl
Old October 28th 05, 12:09 AM
Joe Mama

Karl wrote:
Hi Guys,

Presently running a system equipped with a GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 4X 64 MB
dual head card, running two monitors. Interested in adding a third, and
if possible a fourth monitor. I do not know if this is possible. Have
seen many system package solutions (Digital Tigers), but video card
multi-monitor advice available online through general search a bit
unwieldy. I would liek to maybe add a third LCD monitor, or an old laptop.

Would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks, Karl

Probably not what you mean, but this article kicks ass - if only for the
photos.

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2561

Anyway, obviously 3 or 4 monitors can be done. How much ready cash do
you have?
Old October 28th 05, 12:19 AM
aka 717

I'm running 3 monitors and getting ready to hook
up a tv for 4th (actually only 3 at a time since the
tv overrides one of the monitors ... maybe not, YEAH
I can put it on the PCI 5200 ... Anyway, I'm using
two 5200 cards, one AGP and one PCI. Both have
two connectors for monitors. Works great, integrates
well, switches from screen to screen and all of the
goodies work about 90% of the time.

If you have any specific questions I'll try to answer
them. Just use two cards !

.. .

Old October 28th 05, 05:52 AM
Derek

There are some interesting motherboards out there or about to be on sale
that are inexpensive and let you do dual video cards (up to 4 monitors).

The ASROCK 939Dual accepts an AGP card (and runs it at AGP speed) and
also a PCI Express x16 card, comes with sataII support and can be bought
for around 75$

The Asus A8N-VM CSM, Gigabyte GA-K8N51PVMT-9, Albatron KM51PV, and
Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS, all use the 6150/430 Nvidia chipset which has an
integrated nvidia 6200 core and a pci express x16 slot. Only microATX
format and they were announced a month or so ago but are not available
yet. They might come in at around 85$.

Derek

Old October 28th 05, 10:46 PM
Karl

Derek,

I really appreciate your time and efforts on this.

Thanks, Karl