Refresh rates on Dual view asus V9250 /FX5200 128MB

Old October 6th 05, 11:56 PM
FVe

Default Refresh rates on Dual view asus V9250 /FX5200 128MB

I hope someone can help me..... I've almost no hair left on my head ;(

I just got a 19" LCD monitor (samsung 930BF) and a Iiyama CRT (visionmaster
17")
I installed a new AGP card - Asus V9250 / FX5200(128MB) on my Win98 machine
(DirectX9.0c).

With a fresh boot with only my CRT connected, al seems to work fine. I can
adjust the refresh rate and the resolution the way I like
(1028*768/32/100Hz).
Then I connect the LCD monitor on the DVI connector and I can adjust this
monitor the way I like (1200*1028/32/75).

But the trouble starts when I boot up with two monitors connected: there
seems to be no way, to set the refresh rate of the CRT monitor higher then
60Hz.
Sometimes the settings don't show higher refresh rates, but sometimes it
does show 100Hz but does not affect the refresh rate at all.

I tried a reinstall, with or without safemode deintallation, with or without
Diskcleaner Pro (to erase all the driver files and register entries) but no
luck at all.
I doesn't even matter what Nvidia driver version I use: a working v45.*(?),
60.* or 77.*

If I put back in my old card (a single head Asus V8170/ MX440), everything
works fine again.

Anyone an idea what could cause this behaviour? Or should I simply get rid
of the graphics card?
Is it because there is only one display adapter shown in devicemanager -
should I get another AGP card with another chipset?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

Old October 9th 05, 12:57 PM
FVe

Case closed!

Frank

"FVe" Frank.v!at!very.illegal.worldmail.nl schreef in bericht
. nl...