Video Gard Newbie Question.

Old September 23rd 05, 09:06 PM

Default Video Gard Newbie Question.

My daughter has a old dell gx150 and we can't get roller coaster 3 to
load. The video card is not compatible. There is a low profile MX440
64mb on EBay, will this card run Roller Coaster 3.
Thanks

Old September 23rd 05, 09:31 PM
Jester

I googled a spec for your machine, does this look about right?

Processor Processor Class:Intel Pentium III
Processor Processor Speed:1 GHz
Number of Installed Processors:1 Memory
Installed Memory:128 MB
Max System Memory:512 MB
Memory Technology:SDRAM
Memory SocketIMM System
System Chipset:Intel 815E
Chipset Bus Speed:133 MHz
Drive Controllers:IDE (Ultra ATA/100)
Interface Type:Audio - Line In (1/8" Mini),
Audio - Line Out (1/8" Mini), Ethernet - RJ45 Twisted-Pair (XBaseT),
Keyboard - 6 pin mini-DIN (PS/2), Mouse - 6 pin mini-DIN (PS/2), Parallel -
25 pin D-shell (IEEE 1284A), Serial - 9 pin D-shell (EIA 574/232), USB -
Universal Seria Number of AGP Slots:1 Number of PCI Slots:4

What is the recommended system specs for Roller Coaster 3? Whilst the card
might be a fair match to the machine, I don't know if the whole machine
combined is up to the job. I can't find the specs online but it is making a
big deal over the 3d graphics. If your machine only has 128mb of ram then
the video card is only a small aprt of the problem.

J.

oups.com...

Old September 23rd 05, 10:25 PM
Ian

Yes that's the the machine. But i does have 512mb of memory. The
message when she tries to run the game refers that the video system is
not good enough. I know that the video is incorporated in the mother
board at the moment and wondered if a geforce MX440 would work.
Thanks for your reply

Old September 24th 05, 12:25 AM
The Black Wibble

wrote in message
oups.com...
My daughter has a old dell gx150 and we can't get roller coaster 3 to
load. The video card is not compatible. There is a low profile MX440
64mb on EBay

Oh, would that be one of the two 99 cents high-roller jobs? ;-)

http://tinyurl.com/cl8ol

, will this card run Roller Coaster 3.
Thanks

It'll do...

http://www.atari.com/rollercoastertycoon/us/gameinfo

Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the minimum system requirements.

Tony.

Old September 24th 05, 08:06 AM
Ian

Thanks,
I'm in the UK, so anything that is 99cents in the US is going to be
=A320.00 here!

Thanks

Ian

Old September 25th 05, 08:26 AM