Zalman Passive NorthBridge Cooler

Old May 26th 04, 09:29 PM
Jurgen

Default Zalman Passive NorthBridge Cooler

Hi All,

I recently bought some Zalman components to make my PC a bit quieter,
including a passive Northbridge cooler. Unfortunately, my Motherboard
(Abit IC7) doesn't have the required mounting holes.
I found that it's possible to stick the cooling element to the NB chip
using thermal epoxy. Is this safe enough ? Do I risk breaking the chip, by
accidentally hitting the cooling element ?

greetings, TIA
Jurgen

Old May 26th 04, 10:15 PM
Frank

I used thermal tape. Works great for me. However, mine is on the southbridge
chip. It was working warm without the sink. Now, it's cool. I presume you
would have the same results on the northbridge. Wait and see for other
replies.

news

Old May 27th 04, 02:08 AM
Frank

To the touch, my southbridge was pretty hot. Acording to my multimeter temp
sensor, it was around 40C. Now it's about 30-35C. However, with thermal
tape, it did a great job at cooling it, for me.

"JTS" wrote in message
I didn't think the southbridge got hot.

.. .

Old May 27th 04, 03:02 AM
JTS

Sounds good, Frank. That's a pretty decent temp reduction!

.. .

"JTS" wrote in message
I didn't think the southbridge got hot.

"Frank" wrote in message
.. .
I used thermal tape. Works great for me. However, mine is on the

southbridge
chip. It was working warm without the sink. Now, it's cool. I presume

you
would have the same results on the northbridge. Wait and see for other
replies.

news Hi All,

Old May 27th 04, 03:06 PM
We Live for the One we Die for the One

Want a quite PC do what i did, i Zalmanised my PC, 7000A-Cu cpu
cooler, Northbridge heatsink and a Heatpipe cooler for my VID card

One 120mm fan at font 7 volts and adding on to the side,top and rear
when i get my new case as the case i have can't fit a 120mm at the
back, only two 80mm but thats fine all at 7 volts and 12volts at a
turn of a knob on my Vantec Fan controler, , not totaly Zalmanised i
guess.

Hope this helps.

On Thu, 27 May 2004 07:14:55 GMT, Jurgen
wrote:

Thanks to all for the answers !

Jurgen

JTS wrote:
Sounds good, Frank. That's a pretty decent temp reduction!

.. .

"JTS" wrote in message

I didn't think the southbridge got hot.

et...