connect cardreader to USB port on motherboard?

Old September 14th 05, 06:34 PM
ConsultPlus

Default connect cardreader to USB port on motherboard?

Hi!

I've got a Revoltec Procyon II 7in1 Card Reader

http://www.xtremeresources.com/modul...cle&sid= 1132

There are several ports at the back of the panel device that can
connect to the motherboard (Firewire, USB IEEE-1394 serial-ATA
Audio-IN and so on)

But now I want to connect the internal USB cable (normal plug) to the
motherboard, a ASUS A8N-SLI. There are connectors, but they are
'pins'.

I searched ont the internet and in shops: but I can't find something
that will connect the two.

Has anybody got a suggestion?

Thanks in advance for a answer !

(I can connect the cable by pulling it trough the back and plug it in
a USB port there, but it just want to keep it tidy)
Old September 14th 05, 07:28 PM
dino

that is the way it is designed to be...the "pins" are for the front USB or
an additional rear USB header

Old September 14th 05, 11:29 PM
RBM

Some kits like yours are made to attach to the USB "header" on the
motherboard . Try to contact the manufacturer and see if they have a cable
or adapter for the unit