Help: Driver for 7800 GTX

Old July 1st 05, 03:01 PM
Pete

Default Help: Driver for 7800 GTX

Go easy on me... I've just purchased my first Nvidia card, so I might be
asking a daft question!

Anyone running Windows Media Centre with the 7800 GTX?
If so which driver are you running?
The reason I ask is that I went to the nvidia download section.
Selected Geforce and WMC as the O/S. Most recent version is v72.14 (20 June
2005). The Release notes do not mention the 7800 being supported. :-(

Tried checking for a driver for XP. Most recent version is v77.72.
That does support the 7800 and it even mentions in the version highlights
"Support for GeForce 7800 GTX and GeForce 6200 AGP".

So would I be right in thinking I'll have to wait for a Media Centre driver
for the 7800? I did download the XP version which appears to work.
Whether I've lost some MC functionality - I don't know. Haven't tried it.

Any help appreciated

Pete

Old July 1st 05, 05:15 PM
John Lewis

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 14:01:00 +0000 (UTC), Pete
wrote:

[...]

And some of us will have to wait for the price of the 7800GTX to come
down before we can help you. Sorry.
Sigh...................

John Lewis

- Technology early-birds are flying guinea-pigs.
Old July 1st 05, 05:25 PM
JonMaC

"Pete" wrote in message
[...]

your running a 7800 in Media Centre - lucky bigger ...........I'm only
jealous lol !!!! ... JonMaC

Old July 1st 05, 08:29 PM
NeXuS

"Anthony" wrote in message
Bragger

If ya got one, flaunt it I say.
I know I'll be getting one.

Old July 1st 05, 10:20 PM
Anthony

Waiste of money right now to get one. My 6600 oc gt will last awhile. 600
bucks though I could use to get one of those shiny new dual cores or
something lol or save it for the ps3

Old July 1st 05, 10:27 PM
NeXuS

"Anthony" wrote in message
Waiste of money right now to get one. My 6600 oc gt will last awhile. 600
bucks though I could use to get one of those shiny new dual cores or
something lol or save it for the ps3

I'd need to get one for the hell of it................... Mmmmmmmmm, Doom3
full speed full settings!