Really need help with ongoing problem with slow FPS on a game.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 17th 07, 12:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jarod (the puppy)

Default Really need help with ongoing problem with slow FPS on a game.

This problem is OLD.

I think it was about a year ago when it first happened and I still am
stuck to what is going on.

Since then the machine has hardly been used, so details are sketchy
at best.

I have a Gigabyte MoBo with a 2.6 Gig processor. 1.5 Gig ram. 800
FSB.

6800 GTX graphics card. AGP.

Windoze XP No known service packs installed.

I am running Flight Sim 9 (2004) and was getting 30-ish Frames /
second.

One day the power supply died. Alas I didn't know that until I had
done other stupid things and re-set the BIOS.

Now I only get 7 Frames / second.

Tried re-installing FS: Same.

I did notice the "mobo drivers" were un-installed: Re-installed ok.
Same with FS.

This was discovered when I was using the machine to cache files from
another machine and the network kept dying.

Everyone is telling me to install the LATEST Nvidia drivers.

Yeah, but it USED TO WORK and I would like to know what has happened
and fix the problem.

I have DX9.c installed and DXDIAG seems to be happy.

"Trainz 2004" works fine and I don't/can't see any GFX speed issues
there. Maybe a bit slower, but not "Dead in the water" like FS9.

Sorry I can't tell you the version of the drivers I have, but I have
tried the ones which came with the card, and the newer ones which I
used before the crash.

Same: 7 FPS.

Winding things right down, I am sure the same thing happens.

To help me, anyone mind jotting down a few things to check and I can
reply with results.

Thanks in advance.

--
========