Replacing fan on NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS

Old February 26th 04, 03:03 AM
Normand Bachand

Default Replacing fan on NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS

The fan on my NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS card has begun howling. I cleaned it and
oiled it, but it does no good. I think it has to be replaced. The fan is
an ADDA #AP4512MX-G90. Does anyone know where I could buy such a fan or a
suitable substitute?

Old February 26th 04, 03:58 AM
mosnar

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=370822

\

Old February 26th 04, 11:49 AM
Bora Ugurlu

Am Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:05:58 -0500, "Normand Bachand"
schrieb:

Thanks. But it appears to be out of stock. Any other suggestions would be
appreciated.

Consider a Zalman Heatpipe cooler. Zalman HP80C can be a lifesaver..
It has a fan optionally, but it can cool cards upto GF Ti 4400
without the need of the fan.

http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/ZM80C-HP.htm
Old February 28th 04, 09:36 PM
Normand Bachand

Well it now seems to be in stock. I decided to get this. The heatpump idea
sounds intreging but it seems like it takes a lot of space.

Thanks for the help

Old February 26th 04, 09:50 PM
Granulated

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:03:01 -0500 "Normand Bachand" meeped :

The fan on my NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS card has begun howling. I cleaned it and
oiled it, but it does no good. I think it has to be replaced. The fan is
an ADDA #AP4512MX-G90. Does anyone know where I could buy such a fan or a
suitable substitute?

is it an asus gts ?
my stock fan went screechy..i got a blue orb for it.
Old February 28th 04, 09:11 PM
Normand Bachand

There's no mention of asus in my documentation. The card came with my new
Dell several years ago. Where can I get this blue orb?