Aperture size - Can I change it within the OS or MUST it be in the bios?

Old August 6th 03, 12:22 PM
Sebastian A. Potthoff

Default Aperture size - Can I change it within the OS or MUST it be in the bios?

Hi,

is there a way to change the aperture size within the OS or must it be in
the Bios. Since I have a laptop that does not allow any chance of accessing
the BIOS, I need to find a way how to change it from within the OS.

Is there a way to do that?

Kind regards,
Sebastian A. Potthoff

Old August 6th 03, 01:43 PM
Bratboy

really do think that is only controlable via bios. I didnt realize you
couldn't access bios on laptops myself

"Sebastian A. Potthoff" wrote in
message ...

Old August 6th 03, 05:41 PM
Folk

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 06:43:55 -0600, "Bratboy" wrote:

really do think that is only controlable via bios. I didnt realize you
couldn't access bios on laptops myself

It's not a question of being able to access the bios, it's a question
of having the ability to change the AGP Aperature size once you're in
there. Sadly, many 'mainstream' mfgs like Dell don't give you much
in the way of bios tweaks.

I ran into the same problem with a client's machine. The fix (don't
remember the problem now) was to increase the AGP aperature size to
128, but there was no bios option. Frustrating as hell.

Old August 6th 03, 02:08 PM
John Russell

"Sebastian A. Potthoff" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

is there a way to change the aperture size within the OS or must it be in
the Bios. Since I have a laptop that does not allow any chance of

accessing
the BIOS, I need to find a way how to change it from within the OS.

Is there a way to do that?

Kind regards,
Sebastian A. Potthoff

Why do you want to change it? The system memory used for textures is shared,
that is, if it isn't being used for textures it's avialable for other uses.

Aperture size Sheldon Roger Ati Videocards 18 December 8th 03 11:29 PM
Formatted Size of HD [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 5 October 28th 03 12:44 PM
Agp aperture size Christian General 2 October 28th 03 12:43 AM
Formatting HD - What is max size of C partition? Ralph Wade Phillips Homebuilt PC's 9 September 11th 03 01:46 PM
Exceed mobo maximum HD size with RAID? kony General 1 July 21st 03 05:32 AM