Windows 10, it's a wonderful thing

Old November 18th 17, 01:56 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Default Windows 10, it's a wonderful thing

In article
emailer.net
Fritz Wuehler fritz@spamexpire-
201711.rodent.frell.theremailer.net wrote:

Windows Update borks elderly printers in typical Patch

https://www.theregister.co.uk//2017/...ed_my_printer/

It's not Microsoft's responsibility to compensate for improperly
written drivers from Epson.

Old November 18th 17, 02:43 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
Nomen Nescio

In article
emailer.net
Fritz Wuehler fritz@spamexpire-
201711.rodent.frell.theremailer.net wrote:

Windows Update borks elderly printers in typical Patch

https://www.theregister.co.uk//2017/...ed_my_printer/

It's not Microsoft's responsibility to compensate for improperly
written drivers from Epson.

Interesting comment. Then why did MS apparently compensate in the past? Companies cannot second guess what MS is going to do. If MS wants to continue to be a viable OS, then they need to see to it that they don't break things with advancements.

Passing a alleged 'improperly written drivers from Epson' is not a valid argument. You have no idea if it is a driver problem. Since the drivers worked for years up to now, I rather assume that it is an improperly written MS patch.

Old November 19th 17, 10:41 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
Nathan Hale

In article
Nomen Nescio wrote:

In article
emailer.net
Fritz Wuehler fritz@spamexpire-
201711.rodent.frell.theremailer.net wrote:

Windows Update borks elderly printers in typical Patch

https://www.theregister.co.uk//2017/...ed_my_printer/

It's not Microsoft's responsibility to compensate for improperly
written drivers from Epson.

Interesting comment. Then why did MS apparently compensate in the
past? Companies cannot second guess what MS is going to do. If MS
wants to continue to be a viable OS, then they need to see to it
that they don't break things with advancements.

point out when m$ did this. cite.

Passing a alleged 'improperly written drivers from Epson' is not a
valid argument. You have no idea if it is a driver problem. Since
the drivers worked for years up to now, I rather assume that it is
an improperly written MS patch.

every printer oem, hp is blatant, historically bends the rules
when writing device drivers. then you bitches complain when a
security hole is discovered and m$ fixes it.

Old November 20th 17, 04:55 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
Anonymous

In article

On 2017-11-19 16:41, Nathan Hale wrote:
In article

[...]

then you bitches complain when a
security hole is discovered and m$ fixes it.

I much admire the elegantly diplomatic politesse of your posts.

Old November 21st 17, 04:27 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
Ed Pawlowski

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 21:41:53 +0000 (GMT), Nathan Hale
wrote:

Passing a alleged 'improperly written drivers from Epson' is not a
valid argument. You have no idea if it is a driver problem. Since
the drivers worked for years up to now, I rather assume that it is
an improperly written MS patch.

every printer oem, hp is blatant, historically bends the rules
when writing device drivers. then you bitches complain when a
security hole is discovered and m$ fixes it.

Since Windows 3.0 there has been compatibility problems with some
programs because the writer takes liberties, bends the rules, or
otherwise skirted the MS intentions. My way is better. Especially
true of games. Apple was strict on that sort of thing.

Hard to say who it to blame unless you know for sure how the driver
was written.

Old November 23rd 17, 01:53 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
Anonymous

wrote:

Passing a alleged 'improperly written drivers from Epson' is not a
valid argument. You have no idea if it is a driver problem. Since
the drivers worked for years up to now, I rather assume that it is
an improperly written MS patch.

every printer oem, hp is blatant, historically bends the rules
when writing device drivers. then you bitches complain when a
security hole is discovered and m$ fixes it.

Since Windows 3.0 there has been compatibility problems with some
programs because the writer takes liberties, bends the rules, or
otherwise skirted the MS intentions. My way is better. Especially
true of games. Apple was strict on that sort of thing.

Hard to say who it to blame unless you know for sure how the driver
was written.

Download the driver and disassemble it. Then you know.

Some geniuses on BofA's IT staff ran into an issue where they
had a crapload of old printers and no compatible driver for a
new OS rollout. They started hacking on the .inf file for the
old driver, cutting and pasting pieces from new driver inf files
until it installed and appeared to work. Then they rolled it
out. Next major service pack, that hack job no longer worked
and they were screwed.

Old November 28th 17, 02:32 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
Anonymous

Nomen Nescio:
If MS wants to continue to be a viable OS, then they need to see to it that they don't break things with advancements.

What a backwards point of view. MS cannot survive if it allowed the tail
to wag the dog, such as you suggest. MS improves its OS continually, and
we are safer from malware and we operate more efficiently as a
consequence. Like it or not, the multitude of vendors who make
peripherial programs will have to take breast of the improvements and
change their wares accordingly. MS does do a great deal of testing for
compatibility within the guidelines of good pedagogy.