Determining whether my mobo is compatible with my case...

Old November 2nd 06, 10:28 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Doo0592

Default Determining whether my mobo is compatible with my case...

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how i can determine once n for all if my case is
compatible with my mobo? I have an asus P5LD2 SE motherboard whichi
think (for my net resarch n a quick look in the manual) is ATX and a
icute A71FN case, which i think was described as a modding case... when
i tried to install the mobo the screws wouldn't line up (at all.. think
i got three) and the external ports are in the wrong places. For
instance, the audio ports are horiztal on the mobo but vertical on the
case, and the lan and usb ports are above the audio on the mobo but
under the ps/2 ports. Am i putting the mobo in in the wrong
orientation? Or does it really not fit? lol

Any help appreaciated

Doo x

Old November 3rd 06, 03:02 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
krw

In article om,
says...
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how i can determine once n for all if my case is
compatible with my mobo?

ATX is ATX, sorta.

I have an asus P5LD2 SE motherboard whichi
think (for my net resarch n a quick look in the manual) is ATX and a
icute A71FN case, which i think was described as a modding case... when
i tried to install the mobo the screws wouldn't line up (at all.. think
i got three)

They should all line up with something. There are options for
screw locations but it seems you have the board cocked somehow.

and the external ports are in the wrong places.

ATX defines an "I/O Shield" which should come with the motherboard.
There are many common configurations but if yours isn't the shield
should be supplied.

For
instance, the audio ports are horiztal on the mobo but vertical on the
case, and the lan and usb ports are above the audio on the mobo but
under the ps/2 ports. Am i putting the mobo in in the wrong
orientation? Or does it really not fit? lol

If the case has these things in fixed locations, throw it away and
don't buy crap from these people again. ATX is a a standard and
that includes the "I/O shield" (to be supplied by the board
manufacturer).

--
Keith