Need Advice with upgrading card!

Old July 4th 07, 04:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Chris[_7_]

Default Need Advice with upgrading card!

Hello Folks,

I am looking to upgrade to an AGP video card with the TV-out
connector. First off, I don't play games on the computer. So, I
don't need the fastest most powerful card out there. I would probably
be limited in that regard anyway, since my power supply is 250 volts.

My primary uses for the video card would be for on-line video
streaming. I frequent the "free tube" web site which let's you watch
live TV.. up to a fulll screen. So, it was my hope that wiith the
TV-out option, maybe I could finally ditch cable TV for free tube.
So, the card should be able to handle streaming video well. In
addition, I use the computer for photo editing, etc. I may also use
the system for video editing at some point, unless I upgrade to a
faster system before that.

So, I'm basically looking for an improvement on what I already have
(SIS Mirage 2 integrated VIdeo with 128 MB shared memory) and which
has the TV out option.

Here are the Specs of my system:

AMD Athlon 63 3200+
1.5 GB PC3200 DDR SDRAM
120 GB 7200 RPM Ultra DMA Hard drive
DVD+RW/CD-RW
CD-ROM
250 watt power supply

Thanks for any assistance you could give me!!

Chris
Old July 5th 07, 07:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
ASI Industries

What's your mainboard or and system make and model, also is there any
reason why you cant get a larger wattage psu?

A 250w ATX psu has the same physical size as a 500w ATX psu!

Almost all AGP cards cards have tv-out via either RCA composite or a
S-Video connector, just check the cards spec to be sure.

Not all retail card make's supply the cables and adaptors required for
tv-out such as Sapphire brand

If you dont play games then an ATI 9250 or Nvidia 6200 would do the job, if
you need some kick try either ATI 9600, X600, X1600 or above or Nvidia
6600GT, 7600GT, 8600GT.

Old July 5th 07, 11:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GMAN[_3_]

In article , Chris wrote:
[...]

FInd a used ATI 9800 Pro AGP or Nvidia 7600GT AGP or the like

advice with upgrading pc David General 8 May 28th 06 06:50 PM
Upgrading want Advice newsreader AMD x86-64 Processors 15 December 24th 04 04:18 AM
advice on upgrading? Charles Herold Homebuilt PC's 5 April 9th 04 11:19 PM
Upgrading, need advice Jeff Wulf Overclocking AMD Processors 2 December 6th 03 08:37 AM
upgrading advice Ted Asus Motherboards 8 July 30th 03 02:17 AM