***** Quake 4 ***** !!! 5 star rating !!! =D ******

Old May 26th 06, 12:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default ***** Quake 4 ***** !!! 5 star rating !!! =D ******

Hello,

I just played Quake 4 for 5 hours non-stop.

I have played hundreds of games maybe even thousands.

I have played over 50 shooters easily.

And I must say this is definetly the most amazing and probably best game so
far.

The graphics are mind-boggling. The sound/surround system is superb. (The
only glitch so far was the hover tank )

The gameplay is very relaxed and absolutely cool.

The story is cool. The atmosphere is cool.

The levels are very diverce.

Enough different kind of enemies.

Cool weapons and cool sounds.

Sometimes there is even some music

Listen to the voices telling the story to get it a bit better.

This is definetly a game you should not rush into.

Make sure you feel comfortable and have enough time to fully enjoy it and
really get into it and try to pick up and as much details and story stuff as
possible, that's at least what I did...

I knew from the start this is one of those games where you most really
reserve time and really go sit for it

Let's see every game has some points of possible improvement or critic.

Sometimes I can't hear the soldier talk because they talk through their mask
or somebody else is talking but ok I guess that's kinda realistic people
talking through each other.

That's about it really. I play with multi core enabled. I disabled
anti-aliasing because my system would otherwise crash/reboot. So it appears
nvidia has some issue's with that.

It's safe to say this is the best game I have ever played, which is
surprising because I thought this game might kinda suck.. but it's about 100
times better than doom 3 lol.

I love this game... (the single player part at least). It has some many
stuff in it I dare to describe it.

I haven't finished the game yet but I am probably getting close to the end,
not sure though

I won't post any screenshots at all, I respect this game, I don't want to
ruin it for anybody.

One thing is for sure. If you liked shooters like unreal tournament, quake
3, doom 3, battlefield 2, call of duty, rtcw, et, avp2, brothers in arms,
turok, area 51, etc, etc, etc you are in for a treat and are definetly going
to like and probably be blowaway by this game =D

!!! Therefore this game gets an exceptional 5 star rating !!!

No game has ever gotten a 4 star rating let alone a 5 star rating. So that
shows you how good this game is !

MASTER PIECE SUPREME =D

Well, time for me to get back to life and do some other things lol.

Be seeing ya,

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old May 26th 06, 08:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Seriously Skybuck, go **** yourself...
Old May 26th 06, 11:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"deimos" wrote in message
Seriously Skybuck, go **** yourself...

Lol let me rrrruubb it in for ya dude

If you don't have a dream pc yet get one, Seriously !

The feeling you get from playing Quake 4 on all high last way longer

I am still feeling all shiney and new and happy and I'll bet that's gonna
last for the rest of the week/month/probably year.

It's good to know that my machine will chew through anything people can
throw at it.

As many I am looking forward to Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.

I think it might suck because ET kinda sucked.

People/models moved/animated all faggy like etc. I don't like that so much.

I hope Quake Wars will be very cool and though-looking but not over the top
that would make it a bit over-acted you know.

Also the gameplay of ET was too arcade like... to baby like. I hope it will
be better and more realistic.

Fingers crossed. Me hopes Quake Wars surprises me just as Quake 4 did

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old May 27th 06, 01:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Have you read a book (or anything) recently? ;-))

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
. nl...
Hello,

I just played Quake 4 for 5 hours non-stop.
Snip.

Old May 27th 06, 07:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Have you ever kissed a girl?

Old May 27th 06, 07:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Carl" wrote in message
Have you ever kissed a girl?

Have you ever played Quake 4 FULL on all high on widescreen 1920x1200 with
surround sound ?

Well it's morning again... that means I can go play Quake 4 without feeling
guilty about waking up the neighbours lol. In case they can hear it.

Anyway that does not mean I am gonna play but maybe I will not sure yet.

Probably gonna do other things though.

See you later.

Bye,
Skybuck

Old May 27th 06, 03:30 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Carl" wrote in message
Have you ever kissed a girl?

Have you ever played Quake 4 FULL on all high on widescreen 1920x1200 with
surround sound ?

Well it's morning again... that means I can go play Quake 4 without
feeling guilty about waking up the neighbours lol. In case they can hear
it.

Anyway that does not mean I am gonna play but maybe I will not sure yet.

Probably gonna do other things though.

See you later.

Bye,
Skybuck

Well after I did some other things (TM) lol.

I finished playing Quake 4...

I last longer than I expected though it could have gone on and on.

I got a bit worried at the last part... I wasn't sure how to destroy the end
boss...

But it turned out to be quite simple... my lips are sealed though lol.

This time I played with the sound volume pretty high... damn the neighbours
hehe.

They probably don't hear it that much or not at all anyway this time I could
hear the voices pretty well.

To bad I live in appartment otherwise I would loved screaming a bit lol.

Also I have a good idea for future games.

"Voice recgonition" to talk to in game characters that would be cool.

For example say: "Follow me you *******"

Or: "Let's go mother****er"

All in a very nice english tone/accent... lovely.

Or: "nice shot mother****er"

I say that anybody... yeah.

It would be cool if the characters would respond to that.

But it would probably require a better microphone and some heavy voice
recgonition software

Or: "Shoot that mother****er !"

Or: "Come man !"

Or: "I love that ! "

Or: "Well done, Well done"

Or: "Good Good"

Or: ""Nasties coming"

Or: "Ohhhh that's nasty !" - My favorite

I'll end with that

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old May 27th 06, 08:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"deimos" wrote in message
[...]

Glad ya liked Quake4. I liked most of it, didn't care for the arcady like
shooting gallery of the hover tank parts. The graphics and sound are
great. I played it first on a 6800GT, then replayed on 7800GTX SLI. Even
better. Far smoother. Quake4 went kinda fast, like Doom3 for me. Easy
to get into.
Right now, if you're wanting to push your new rig, I'd suggest FEAR and
Oblivion, maxed out Good games, great visual and audio.
McG.

Old May 28th 06, 01:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

LOL! I was only joking with my post! Yes, I have finished quake4 with
everything turned up full, I enjoyed the game immensely, but would agree
with the criticisms about certain sections being a bit too console
orientated. I sounds like a proper warzone with my x-fi and digital output,
best sound in a game yet IMHO. I really enjoyed the intro and how you wake
from unconcoiusness at the beginning of the game.

Old May 29th 06, 02:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Why dont u **** off,,,dickhead..Its none of ur ****ing business.