canon i850 legal size paper

Old August 2nd 03, 03:14 PM
Born to Chill

Default canon i850 legal size paper

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 02:18:42 -0400, Bill wrote:

The only paper type that produces poor text with the Canon i-series is
uncoated plain copy-paper - the ink bleeds into the paper fibres and
becomes a bit sloppy.

But ANY brand of coated paper will work nicely, even cheap multi-purpose
paper from office supply stores.

Thank you for the reply, though I must confess to being confused now.
I thought that paper advertised at office supply stores as
"multi-purpose" did *not* contain coatings. I thought only paper
advertised as just for inkjet contained coatings (such as clay) to
reduce ink bleeding.

For instance, a 500 sheet ream of
8.5x14 from Office Depot costs 2 cents per sheet (including tax!) and
works great. They also have 8.5x11 for about 1.4 cents per sheet.

I went to the Office Depot site and they seem to throw around the term
"copy paper" and "multi-purpose" paper almost interchangeably. For
instance, the description for "Office Depot Extra Bright Copy Paper"
says, "use with office copiers, laser printers, inkjet printers and
plain paper fax machines." Should I simply look for the paper with the
hightest brightness rating for the best text results? I'd be grateful
if you could give me the stock number for the legal-size paper with
which you've had good i850 results.

Another thread in this group recommends a few relatively inexpensive
coated inkjet papers for the i850, but none of them appear to be
available in legal-size:

http://groups.google.com/groups?&thr...4h %404ax.com