x1950 AGP

Old October 29th 06, 06:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Victor

Default x1950 AGP

Looks like ATI wants the AGP crown.
http://www.powercolor.com/global/mai...ail.asp?id=137

Old October 29th 06, 01:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
HockeyTownUSA

"Victor" wrote in message
oups.com...
Looks like ATI wants the AGP crown.
http://www.powercolor.com/global/mai...ail.asp?id=137

Good. I don't know why nVidia and ATI were so hestant to continue support
for AGP for a bit longer. I hated the fact that they dumped AGP so quickly,
leaving AGP users in the dust immediately. ATI should have done this a year
ago.

Old October 29th 06, 01:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
SL

Good. I don't know why nVidia and ATI were so hestant to continue support
for AGP for a bit longer. I hated the fact that they dumped AGP so
quickly, leaving AGP users in the dust immediately. ATI should have done
this a year ago.

Making technologies obsolete is very profitable.

Old October 29th 06, 01:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
HockeyTownUSA

"SL" wrote in message
Good. I don't know why nVidia and ATI were so hestant to continue support
for AGP for a bit longer. I hated the fact that they dumped AGP so
quickly, leaving AGP users in the dust immediately. ATI should have done
this a year ago.

Making technologies obsolete is very profitable.

Yes, but I know if others are like me, they held off on the PCI-Express
bandwagon a lot longer than if they just had to update their video card
instead of video and mobo and possibly CPU and RAM. I was all ready to
invest in a new video card when the whole PCI-Exprsess thing came barrelling
through and was quite ticked my upgrade options were so limited for AGP.

Old October 29th 06, 02:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
SL

"HockeyTownUSA" wrote in message
. ..

"SL" wrote in message
Good. I don't know why nVidia and ATI were so hestant to continue
support for AGP for a bit longer. I hated the fact that they dumped AGP
so quickly, leaving AGP users in the dust immediately. ATI should have
done this a year ago.

Making technologies obsolete is very profitable.

Yes, but I know if others are like me, they held off on the PCI-Express
bandwagon a lot longer than if they just had to update their video card
instead of video and mobo and possibly CPU and RAM. I was all ready to
invest in a new video card when the whole PCI-Exprsess thing came
barrelling through and was quite ticked my upgrade options were so limited
for AGP.

But you will, like me, give up and buy the new mb, video card, ram, ....

In a sense we can't totally blame the companies because we demand the best
cutting edge stuff. The games begin to demand it. Eventually enough move
to the new technology to make it very tempting to force the rest to buy in.

Old October 29th 06, 03:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
HockeyTownUSA

"SL" wrote in message
[...]

I agree, and yes I do eventually upgrade, but I buy it for half the cost
instead of the exhorbitant launch prices. I would have been willing to spend
$350 for a top end AGP card that would have kept me for another two years. I
would have paid a premium. Now I paid under $600 for a new video card, mobo,
ram and CPU. Which for me is a good deal, but for the manufacturers they
lost profit that they could have had up front, and I had to wait a year with
a sub-par machine.

Again, its back to companies doing what's best for them, not what's best for
the customer.

Old October 29th 06, 08:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

This is Powercolor's doing, not ATi's. Just like the Gainward 7800GS+, these
AGP one-offs will cost approx. $100 more than the equivalent PCIe version.

OCUK makes it available for pre-order at £160, about US $300.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...ics_Cards.html

Newegg sells the PCIe X1950 Pro for $200.

oups.com...