Overlay only in fullscreen

Old October 30th 03, 08:28 PM
Ziv

Default Overlay only in fullscreen

Hello,

I have a strange overlay problem with all the programs that use overlay,
like PowerDVD or WinDVD or dScaler.

When I open such a program in window mode, the screen is filled with a
single color (that may be black, brown, pink or green, depending of the
program... it may be the overlay color key ???). Sound is OK, no error
message is issued. When I go to full screen, the overlayed picture may
appear. When I go back to the window display, it may still work until I move
the window...

On my Windows XP system, I have other user accounts. Under these, the
problem does not occur so it should be a configuration problem on my account
and not an hardware problem of any kind.

I use : Windows XP pro with NVIDIA GeForce4 TI4200 card (Detonator drivers
45.23), Hauppauge WinTV PCI (bt878) for TV.

Anyone got a solution to this problem ?

Ziv.

Old November 5th 03, 02:31 AM
Rotes Sapiens

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:28:19 +0100, "Ziv"
wrote:

I have a strange overlay problem with all the programs that use overlay,
like PowerDVD or WinDVD or dScaler.

When I open such a program in window mode, the screen is filled with a
single color (that may be black, brown, pink or green, depending of the
program... it may be the overlay color key ???). Sound is OK, no error
message is issued. When I go to full screen, the overlayed picture may
appear. When I go back to the window display, it may still work until I move
the window...

On my Windows XP system, I have other user accounts. Under these, the
problem does not occur so it should be a configuration problem on my account
and not an hardware problem of any kind.

I use : Windows XP pro with NVIDIA GeForce4 TI4200 card (Detonator drivers
45.23), Hauppauge WinTV PCI (bt878) for TV.

Anyone got a solution to this problem ?

Have you tried installing the program in the user account you are
having trouble with?

Sig:
To be or not to be is true - G. Boole
Old November 5th 03, 06:30 AM
Alpine

My FX5900 (128) does the same thin, at least with DVDs. I have a smaller,
2nd monitor to the left of my main monitor that I watch movies on while
working on the main monitor. Until I go to full screen, my image is a black
box (rectangle).
Due to an excessive amount of spam, if you want to send me an e-mail put
eniplA in the subject if you want me to see it.