Upgrading from W95

Old April 27th 05, 04:22 AM
Silver Surfer

OK. I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.

ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote in message
Try the 3COM/U.S. Robotics web site. Identify the model of the modem
according
to the part number on the sticker... Ben Myers

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 17:03:53 -0400, "Silver Surfer"
wrote:

Which brings to mind the original modem in this machine. It's a TelePath
56k fax modem. In looking around the Gateway site I don't find any
drivers
listed for this device that pertain to Millennium, just W98 and NT. Is
this
going to be a problem?

"pengulin" wrote in message
A friend of hers gave my daughter a Gateway 2000 with the original
Windows 95 installed. Would like to upgrade to my own copy of
Millennium
which is not presently installed on anything. The Me is a full
version,
possibly OEM, and will not install because it detects that W95 is on
the
machine. Will I have any trouble with the Gateway system after
reformatting the hard drive and installing Me from scratch?

Presuming the OS loads OK, I doubt you'll have any problems with
drivers.
Since it seems to be an older computer, Win ME should have all the
drivers,
if the hardware (sound, video, modem, HD controllers) aren't too obscure
and it's all original equipment. But if any new hardware has been
installed
in the system in the last four or five years, you might need to obtain
drivers for that hardware. The same is true for any peripherals you add
the system (although you should already have drivers available).

upgrading 2 year old system for HL2 David J Burns Ati Videocards 10 November 10th 04 02:05 AM
Upgrading to a S-ATA disk with Asus P4PE - Help? Azaran2003 Asus Motherboards 1 October 14th 04 03:45 PM
memory question for upgrading my KT3 Ultra2 mb Tony Hill General 0 July 28th 04 04:21 PM
Worth Upgrading? fatboy Ati Videocards 6 December 21st 03 08:07 AM
Worth upgrading to P4P8x? Shiranui Gen-An Asus Motherboards 0 July 15th 03 03:32 AM