Hi all i would love to read any comment from you on the ati x700 pro 256 mbs...

Old July 14th 05, 03:04 AM
jhgd

Default Hi all i would love to read any comment from you on the ati x700 pro 256 mbs...

Hi all i would love to read any comment from you
on the ati x700 pro 256 mbs...

I plan to pgrade from an ati 9800pro 128 mbs
And i would apreaciate to know more about the
gddr3 and advantage of the pixel shader 3.

I've read to that this video card the x700pro
256mb as a video in. Is this true.

And finaly i've read to that there is not mych
dfference between the two cards : ati 9800pro and
the x700pro, in therm of 3d application. It that
correct?

thank you.
Old July 14th 05, 03:41 AM
Paul

In article , bizbiz wrote:

Hi all i would love to read any comment from you
on the ati x700 pro 256 mbs...

I plan to pgrade from an ati 9800pro 128 mbs
And i would apreaciate to know more about the
gddr3 and advantage of the pixel shader 3.

I've read to that this video card the x700pro
256mb as a video in. Is this true.

And finaly i've read to that there is not mych
dfference between the two cards : ati 9800pro and
the x700pro, in therm of 3d application. It that
correct?

thank you.

ATI products that have VIVO (video in, video out connectors)
usually have "All In Wonder" or AIW as part of the product
name. Your x700pro is just a video card, without hardware
VIVO capability, as near as I can tell.

According to the ATI web page, the x700pro has "VideoShader HD"
for "improved DVD playback", and that is for watching
DVD movies.

This is an example of an ATI PCI-Express card with the AIW
name. Video I/O is via a breakout cable:

http://www.newegg.com/OldVersion/app...102-463&depa=0
Some pictures:
http://www.newegg.com/OldVersion/app...102-463-04.jpg

HTH,
Paul
Old July 14th 05, 04:52 PM
jhgd

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:41:48 -0400,
(Paul) wrote:

-In article
,
bizbiz wrote:
-
[...]
-http://www.newegg.com/OldVersion/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-463&depa=0
-Some pictures:
-http://www.newegg.com/OldVersion/app/Showimage.asp?image=14-102-463-01.jpg/14-102-463-02.jpg/14-102-463-03.jpg/14-102-463-04.jpg/14-102-463-05.jpg/14-102-463-06.jpg&CurImage=14-102-463-04.jpg
-
-HTH,
- Paul

Hmm, no aiw, so i think i better check for
something else... i think there is some 600gt that
posses that in video.

in the years 2001-3 ati was the brand to choice
for image quality but now that nvidia as ... grown
up.... Can we tell that nvidia as gain some
experience in term of quality rendering. ie: 3d
forms + more colors and stuff like that? if so it
woulb be a must with it mid range cards like the
6600gt

http://www.thechannelinsider.com/art...1743460,00.asp
This web site compare the aopen 6600gt to the
x700pro and prouve that the x700pro sucks in
3dmark, doom3 and far cry witch are the kind of
game that i play for the graphic and it special
effect... gamer stuff :-)

hmm, the more that i think the more i think to
switch back to nvidia.

a+
Old November 8th 05, 01:54 AM
DDC

Default Hi all i would love to read any comment from you on the ati x700 pro 256 mbs... part 2

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:44:56 -0400, (Paul) wrote:

In article , bizbiz wrote:

Hmm, no aiw, so i think i better check for
something else... i think there is some 600gt that
posses that in video.

in the years 2001-3 ati was the brand to choice
for image quality but now that nvidia as ... grown
up.... Can we tell that nvidia as gain some
experience in term of quality rendering. ie: 3d
forms + more colors and stuff like that? if so it
woulb be a must with it mid range cards like the
6600gt

http://www.thechannelinsider.com/art...1743460,00.asp
This web site compare the aopen 6600gt to the
x700pro and prouve that the x700pro sucks in
3dmark, doom3 and far cry witch are the kind of
game that i play for the graphic and it special
effect... gamer stuff :-)

hmm, the more that i think the more i think to
switch back to nvidia.

a+

Have a look around. There might be other ATI products, like
this one:

http://www.d-silence.com/headlines/A...by%20ATI/21334

"All-In-Wonder X800 XL for PCI Express will be available
later this summer with an MSRP of $399 USD"

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro... 067121&catid=
You might want to check that link if your in canada it's cost around
350 $ can for an ati x800xl

and going from a 9800pro to a x700pro is not wise unless your satisfy
with the frame rate you already got.

Note - that is _not_ the same thing as this card. There are
already plenty of AGP versions of that card out there, and
the new one (not shipping yet) will be PCI Express. This
is an example of the older AGP one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16814102492R

Also, you don't have to purchase AIW type products - you could
purchase a separate capture card, and a gamer graphics card,
and have the best of both worlds. That way, you can find the
feature set you want on the capture card. While this one is
far from ideal, it is an example of packaging of a
separate ATI Theatre chip and tuner on a card. Hauppauge
and others make capture cards too.

HTH,
Paul

CD-R read problem Erwin Rol Cdr 1 January 22nd 04 08:06 PM
I canīt read CD-RW discs in two computers with the same DVD-sony reader tracert Cdr 1 November 27th 03 07:06 AM
How can I read the recovery partition files? Euc1id Compaq Computers 1 October 22nd 03 04:35 PM
CD burning speed determines read speed? David K General 4 July 22nd 03 09:31 AM
Floppy diskette read as "not formatted" Jay Bollyn Dell Computers 1 June 25th 03 02:34 AM