OT ? Catalogue CD Collection

Old December 16th 04, 07:47 AM
Bernard P Rother

Default OT ? Catalogue CD Collection

Hi there,

I've got about 400 music CDs which I'd like to catalogue and convert to
mp3, store the mp3s on the HDD with song & artist names. Is there any
free ware / shareware which is up to the task .... without having to
type everything in ?

Would be nice to search on, say, Burning Bridges and up would pop the
mp3 with a pointer to the original CD, Kelly's Heroes.

Thanks guys.

Bernard.
Old December 16th 04, 10:23 AM
Hu Ru

You can do it all at once with CDEX http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/
Put CD in drive, click on button "get CD information from remote database",
then click on button "save all tracks in compressed format"

Old December 16th 04, 09:41 PM

Bernard P Rother wrote:

Hi there,

I've got about 400 music CDs which I'd like to catalogue and convert

mp3, store the mp3s on the HDD with song & artist names. Is there any
free ware / shareware which is up to the task .... without having to
type everything in ?

Would be nice to search on, say, Burning Bridges and up would pop the
mp3 with a pointer to the original CD, Kelly's Heroes.

Thanks guys.

Bernard.

Try OrangeCD Catalog.