Any new Asus boards that support ECC?

Old July 28th 08, 03:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Mike[_2_]

Default Any new Asus boards that support ECC?

I guess I'll wait for it

Chipset support for DDR3 ECC memory is supposed to be an option with the
upcoming X58 chipset.

Old July 28th 08, 11:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Core2Duo

There's nothing there that is obviously "false".
That page states that ECC and Non-ECC memory is used...

"gg" wrote in message
false ad by asus
quoting
http://asus.com/products.aspx?modelm...&l3 =640&l4=0
"4 x DIMM, Max. 8 GB, DDR2 1200*/1066/800/667 ECC,Non-ECC,Un-buffered
Memory
"

"Patrick Vervoorn" wrote in
message ...
In article ,
Core2Duo wrote:

"Bruce." wrote in message
. ..
"Mike" wrote in message
I see the newer models don't support ECC memory. Are there any new
Core

2
Asus boards that have ECC?

The P5E supports ECC. I have one running with 2GB of ECC DDR2 memory

and
a Core 2 Duo E8400.

Bruce.

Also the P5E WS Pro, and Rampage Formula.

I don't know about the 'P5E WS Pro', but I have an 'ASUS Rampage Formula'
myself, and it doesn't take ECC memory, only regular, non-ECC DDR2
memory.

Regards, Patrick.

Old July 28th 08, 11:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Core2Duo

There is the
Intel DX48BT2 Motherboard. It supports ECC DDR3.

"Mike" wrote in message
I forgot mention I was looking for a board that supports DDR3 ECC memory.
I'm browsing the newest models and they seem to be all non-ECC

Old July 28th 08, 11:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Core2Duo

Memory: http://www.crucial.com/store/listpar...?model=DX48BT2 and select
ECC down the base of the page.

"gg" wrote in message
false ad by asus
quoting
http://asus.com/products.aspx?modelm...&l3 =640&l4=0
"4 x DIMM, Max. 8 GB, DDR2 1200*/1066/800/667 ECC,Non-ECC,Un-buffered
Memory
"

"Patrick Vervoorn" wrote in
message ...
In article ,
Core2Duo wrote:

"Bruce." wrote in message
. ..

Old July 29th 08, 02:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Mike[_2_]

Intel's are OK but when it comes to mobos I only buy Asus. I know if I
destroy it from overclocking they will send me another one. The replacements
they sent always last at least 5 years