Skybuck's Computer(s) Situation Update(s).

Old July 19th 08, 01:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
jean de henri

Default Skybuck's Computer(s) Situation Update(s).

On Jul 19, 12:29 pm, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
I have been pretty busy the last few days and some interesting things
happened.

First of all I investigated possible replacements to get a better dream
pc.

Dream PC? That's about as logical as a dream potato masher.

Smashing patato's sounds like fun.

But they are hard normally.

So you would first have to cook them for 10 minutes at least.

And then you can go smash them with your fists !

No special equipment needed ! =D

Try to smash as hard as possible ao it flies everywhere.

Maybe you can hang up a bullseye and get reeeeaallly good at it ! =D

Then organize smashing patato's tournament and make nice you tube video of
it ! =D

Bye,
Skybuck =D

--
"Milord, methinks that thou art a lowly quitter. Is this true?"

Interesting emails you send.
Please don't stop sending them I look forward to them they are the
only hope I have got.
Old July 19th 08, 01:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Jeff Liebermann[_2_]

Default Skybuck's Computer(s) Situation Update(s) (Electrocution danger)

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 09:14:03 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

I just realized there is electrocution danger inside my PC.

Think of it as a brain boost.

Had the cpu fan blades cut those power cables then I might have been
electrocuted.

Ummm.... electrocuted by 12VDC and 5VDC? I don't think so. You need
about 50VDC to be genuinely unsafe. If you're searching for a means
self-electrocution, you'll find sufficiently high voltages inside the
power supply.

I still have to inspect those power cables to make sure they were not cut...
but I will do that later on when I rebuild my pc in the future (if
necessary, cause I am not still convinced).

Messy wiring works bettery than neat, laced, bundled, and ty-wrapped
cabling. Long parallel runs of cabling will couple to each other and
produce glitches, noise, crosstalk, and data tranfer errors. By
leaving the inside wiring a sloppy mess, you reduce or eliminate these
problems.

Will the fan blade shoot loose into the power supply ?

Presumably, the fan has a protective grill designed to keep your
fingers from being shredded. The fan blades are not going anywhere.
The fan shaft is retained by a small C-ring or metal clip, which is
more than adequate to prevent launching. Earlier cheapo fans were
retained by a plastic washer, which did have the irritating habit of
falling off or melting. However, those are not very common these
daze.

Probably not since it's a ball bearing fan and I know those are attached and
cannot be removed.

Nope. I sometimes clean out fans. Peel off the paper label at the
hub. Remove the rubber cup. You'll see the retaining C-ring or clip.
Remove carefully. The impeller can then be removed. Use a wooden
toothpick to clean the inside of the bearing. Clean off the crud from
the shaft, oil it, replace everything, and you have a fan that will
last perhaps a few more months before it starts making noise again.

However let this be a warning to all others which have sleeve baring fans in
their power supplies at the bottom.

Have you ever seen a fan in a PC that actually has ball bearings
inside? I've taken apart probably about 100 assorted CPU and case
fans and have yet to see a ball bearing assembly. The larger server
fans have ball bearings, but not the typical PC. Incidentally, ball
bearing fans make MORE noise than sleeve bearing fans:
http://www.comairrotron.com/cooling_fan_noise.shtml
Also, as long as you don't overhead them, sleeve bearings last as long
as ball bearings. The big advantage of ball bearings is that you can
pack in more lubricant.

Maybe those could shoot loose if the bang is hard enough !

Nope. The CPU case is harder than your head.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old July 19th 08, 01:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Jeff Liebermann[_2_]

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 09:29:00 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

I have been pretty busy the last few days and some interesting things
happened.

First of all I investigated possible replacements to get a better dream
pc.

Dream PC? That's about as logical as a dream potato masher.

Smashing patato's sounds like fun.

Ummm.... I think he meant one of these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_24_grenade
If not, that is what I suggest you play with.

Old July 19th 08, 06:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Skybuck Flying wrote:

I have been pretty busy the last few days and some interesting things
happened.

First of all I investigated possible replacements to get a better dream pc.

Could you please get one that lacks Usenet access?

--
Paul Hovnanian
Have gnu, will travel.
Old July 20th 08, 04:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
[email protected]

If a nattering nitwit trolls a newsgroup with brain-dead posts about
how he is too stupid to just buy a %#&*! prebuilt PC and nobody
replies, is he still an annoying troll?

*PLEASE* stop replying, people!! You are only encouraging him!

Old July 20th 08, 06:59 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default Skybuck's Computer(s) Situation Update(s) (PC crashed again)

Ok I was busy with just editing something, nothing to intensive and the pc
crashed again.

I checked the inside of the pc case right after the crash.

There was no cable rubbing against the cpu fan so that can't be it.

The last few crashes all showed the same blue screen:

"IRQ less than..." something like that.

I shall now investigate further into all necessary components for the new
case... especially cord extensions since I really want to make sure those
out of the way... while it might not be required... it would be nice.

Yeah... time to do some measuring... I don't wanna find out that cables can
reach after ordering all this stuff.

Oh yeah that reminds me I have one un-answered question... relating to
airflow of 7900 gtx card... it probably doesn't matter much but I still
would like to know the answer.

I am getting emotionally ready to order new stuff =D LOL.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old July 20th 08, 07:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch
GMAN

In article me.nl, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
Ok I was busy with just editing something, nothing to intensive and the pc
crashed again.

I checked the inside of the pc case right after the crash.

There was no cable rubbing against the cpu fan so that can't be it.

The last few crashes all showed the same blue screen:

"IRQ less than..." something like that.

Go into your system bios and turn off the setting that says whether you have a
PNP cabale OS. This will let the bios control as much as it can of IRQ
assignment before booting into the OS.

Old July 20th 08, 08:26 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

"GMAN" wrote in message
In article me.nl,
"Skybuck Flying" wrote:
Ok I was busy with just editing something, nothing to intensive and the pc
crashed again.

I checked the inside of the pc case right after the crash.

There was no cable rubbing against the cpu fan so that can't be it.

The last few crashes all showed the same blue screen:

"IRQ less than..." something like that.

Go into your system bios and turn off the setting that says whether you
have a
PNP cabale OS. This will let the bios control as much as it can of IRQ
assignment before booting into the OS.

The os detects something bad and shuts down the PC.

What if the bios does not detect the bad situation ?

I rather have the PC shut down instead of bad stuff happening

Thanks anyway.

Bye,
Skybuck

Old July 20th 08, 08:28 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
GMAN

In article me.nl, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
"GMAN" wrote in message
In article me.nl,
"Skybuck Flying" wrote:
Ok I was busy with just editing something, nothing to intensive and the pc
crashed again.

I checked the inside of the pc case right after the crash.

There was no cable rubbing against the cpu fan so that can't be it.

The last few crashes all showed the same blue screen:

"IRQ less than..." something like that.

Go into your system bios and turn off the setting that says whether you
have a
PNP cabale OS. This will let the bios control as much as it can of IRQ
assignment before booting into the OS.

The os detects something bad and shuts down the PC.

What if the bios does not detect the bad situation ?

I rather have the PC shut down instead of bad stuff happening

Thanks anyway.

Bye,
Skybuck

What I desribed has nothing to do with that. It basically allows the
motherboard to assign critical IRQ's like for video cards and other things
before windows boots. Windows is retarded when it comes to its handling of
IRQ's. I have seen a circumstance where windows assigned the same IRQ to 7
devices whilst there was many other IRQ's that could be shared or that were
free.
Old July 20th 08, 09:02 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Craig Sutton

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
b.home.nl...
Ok I was busy with just editing something, nothing to intensive and the pc
crashed again.

I checked the inside of the pc case right after the crash.

There was no cable rubbing against the cpu fan so that can't be it.

The last few crashes all showed the same blue screen:

"IRQ less than..." something like that.

What was the stop code?