Skybuck's Computer(s) Situation Update(s).

Old July 19th 08, 05:06 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default Skybuck's Computer(s) Situation Update(s).

I have been pretty busy the last few days and some interesting things
happened.

First of all I investigated possible replacements to get a better dream pc.

Here is the short list:

1. Antec 1200 case
2. Scythe zipang cpu cooler, which should be much more quieter than the amd
stock cooler/heatsink/fan and cool better too.
3. Artic Silver paste material.
4. 4 pin (squared) power connector extension cord (it might be necessary to
connect power supply to motherboard) in the bigger case.
5. Maybe even some other cord extensions ?

I also learned about a new release from Scythe: The Ninja 2.

The first reactions of some people are that this is probably a bad cooler...
because of all kinds of reasons.

I also read one buyer's review and he said it was overrated, which means it
was bad in his oppinion.

Also one reviewing site mentioned bad pins on the rev B version.

I wonder if these pins only apply to am2 sockets ?

So I would like to see a review of the Scythe Ninja 2 on a socket 939
motherboard.

And the review should be up as soon as possible. Like tomorrow would be nice
Get on it ASAP

Now some other things happened as well:

I knew my old pentium III wasn't updated in a while... so I tried the
windows update, it failed.

After a few hours of web surfing the Pentium III with Windows XP Pro was
infected/hacked/trojaned, it was nasty.

It was junky anyway... so I formatted and re-installed Windows XP Pro 32 bit
on it.

It took about an hour and a half or so to update it fully to Service Pack 3.

I had a hell of time getting around the stupid genuine **** as well...

Pirates like honeybees... you need them to go from flower to flower

Anyway... Then pentium is now nicely updated.

Anyway... Something else happend to my Dream PC... I was looking at the
connectors and such...

Later I booted it... first it hang... then reset...

Then BEEP BEEP: CPU FAN ERROR...

I was like what the **** ? Didn't I reconnect it properly ?

I look in the case... and I notice the 4 pin square power connector's cable
is stuck in the CPU FAN.

I am like HOLY**** that's bad !

I immediatly pull it out... and the fan starts spinning again.

There is another point to this story:

I also noticed how the cable attachment at the top of the case come half way
loose.

The glue let loose...

So attaching cables to the side of the case which such special thingies is
not to good idea...

So now I am wondering... maybe that cable came down a bit and was striking
against the cpu fan ?

Which might explain the system crashes ?!?

But I don't think so... I think the motherboard is probably damaged.

However... I don't know for sure... so now I have to go play Call of Duty 4
to see if my PC crashes...

Anyway these are all pretty interesting discoveries... Some more
discoveries:

I was thinking about restoring a ghost image... But the pentium was missing
a disk drive.

I started to irritate me quite a lot... So I decided to remove the little
14.4 GB harddisk... and only keep the 120 GB harddisk... - which is kinda
funny because I still see pc's being sold today with only 80 GB harddisks !
SUCH SUCKERS.

Anyway... removing the 14.4 GB harddisk was necessary to make room for the
floppy drive... Yes that's how crappy the
old-big-white-local-pc-shop-case-where-I-will-never-buy-again is... It needs
bracket extensions which never came with it... OH THOSE *******S !

OH man !

Anyway.... there ya folks. (The floppy drive requires a special cable too
fortunately I still had it and yes the red line must go the opposite
of the harddisks)

So there ya have it folks. I spent like 5 hours getting back in the surfing
position.

Now I am back in a position where I can go play a game... or I can surf the
internet with a pretty thrusty computer.

However I must say I got quite ****ed off at Microsoft/Windows for getting
hacked like that so easily... PC was updated at least a year ago or so... So
that shows how big the problem is..

And you know what... I got very ****ed off at the geguine thingy... I came
THIS - close to installing fluxubuntu which looks horrible with the
console ****. I don't like console **** no more... been there... done that
in the dos days... such horror =D LOL.

Fortunately I was spared that horror.

Now last thing to do is press the post buttttton.

I really wanna see Ninja 2 review... please make it happen if you happen to
read this you bunch of reviewers ! LOL.

I know you'll probably not make it in time... You must do it within 7 days
or so...

Unless maybe my Dream PC can work a bit longer

Oh well.

Bye,
Skybuck ! =D

Old July 19th 08, 05:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Also some other interesting lessons to document:

When switching the utp ethernet cable from the cable modem to switch between
computers directly connect it, it's necessary to pull the cable modem's
power adapater out of the power socket... so that the cable modem resets
itself.

I think what is happening is something like this:

Computer 1 is connected to it and gets a DHPC lease.

Then the cable is pulled.

Computer 1 not disconnect from the cable modem. The cable modem doesn't know
this and keeps the DHCP lease active...

Computer 2 is now connected to the cable modem.

Apperently the cable refuses to give up it's DHCP lease and give the new
Computer 2 a new DHCP lease ?

Which means the Computer 2 is given a private ip address... and is stuck...
it can't go onto the internet.

I fix the problem as follows:

1. Restart cable modem by unplugging and replugging the power.
2. Disable/Re-enable the internet connection.

This solves the problem.

Computer 2 will now receive a new DHCP lease with a new IP Address.

I think I also noticed how Computer 1 got a different IP address when it was
connected... but I am not sure about that...

So there ya have it folks..

If you like me... want to keep things simple... and dont have or want an
expensive router... this is how to do it :P*

Hopefully the ****ers that make this junk take notice and solve this problem
so I don't have to get up from my lazy chair in the future =D

And ofcourse naturally the repair button never works in windows... which is
ofcourse logical ITS WINDOWS.

Will it ever receive a real good repair functionlity ?

Stay alive, stick around, and stay tuned for the future bitches ! =D

And then we can all go have a loooooksy

Bye,
Skybuck GJEEEEEEEWIEEEEE =D

Old July 19th 08, 05:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
John Larkin

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 06:06:14 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

I have been pretty busy the last few days and some interesting things
happened.

First of all I investigated possible replacements to get a better dream pc.

Dream PC? That's about as logical as a dream potato masher.

John

Old July 19th 08, 05:56 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default Skybuck's Computer(s) Situation Update(s). (One point is: Tightening up cables is more safe ! ;) =D)

Yeah anyway so one of the points is:

Tightening up cables behind the motherboard is not just for looks, it's not
just for fancy boys, gay boys, that wanna make their pc look like a
christmas tree.

No Sir Bob !

It's very important to tighten up those cables !

Otherwise they could end up in god knows where... Like passive motherboard
heatsinks and fry, or gpu heatinks and fry...

Or all kinds of fans and shredder or block and even short circuit or maybe
even fire !!

Or maybe even get statically charged by wind and cause short circuits on
nearby electronics !

WHO KNOWS.

All I know is my cpu fan almost got destroyed by a cable. (Ok little
exaggaration but still)

Or maybe the cpu fan was being disturbed by it... who knows ?!

So buying a case where cables can be neatly tucked away is very good.

And maybe extra extensions for it is very good..

Fortunately with the antec 1200 this should be possible to achieve

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old July 19th 08, 06:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
»Q«

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 06:56:10 +0200
"Skybuck Flying" wrote:

Otherwise they could end up in god knows where... Like passive
motherboard heatsinks and fry, or gpu heatinks and fry...

Please unsubscribe me from your mailing list. Thanks to you, my
children and pets are now scared to death of the inside of my case.
Old July 19th 08, 06:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Marty[_4_]

**** off and die Syk**** Lying

Old July 19th 08, 07:26 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GMAN

In article e.nl, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
I have been pretty busy the last few days and some interesting things
happened.

First of all I investigated possible replacements to get a better dream pc.

Here is the short list:

1. Antec 1200 case
2. Scythe zipang cpu cooler, which should be much more quieter than the amd
stock cooler/heatsink/fan and cool better too.
3. Artic Silver paste material.
4. 4 pin (squared) power connector extension cord (it might be necessary to
connect power supply to motherboard) in the bigger case.
5. Maybe even some other cord extensions ?

I also learned about a new release from Scythe: The Ninja 2.

The first reactions of some people are that this is probably a bad cooler...
because of all kinds of reasons.

Doesnt the fact that it has the name "The Ninja" scare you away???

[...]

Using non legit os with activation hacks and you wonder why your pc's are
trojaned?

Anyway... Something else happend to my Dream PC... I was looking at the
connectors and such...

Later I booted it... first it hang... then reset...

Then BEEP BEEP: CPU FAN ERROR...

I was like what the **** ? Didn't I reconnect it properly ?

I look in the case... and I notice the 4 pin square power connector's cable
is stuck in the CPU FAN.

I am like HOLY**** that's bad !

I immediatly pull it out... and the fan starts spinning again.

There is another point to this story:

I also noticed how the cable attachment at the top of the case come half way
loose.

The glue let loose...

Glue? Are you talking about double sided tape with some sort of cable tie
attached?

[...]

You not updating windows for over a year was your fault.

And you know what... I got very ****ed off at the geguine thingy... I came
THIS - close to installing fluxubuntu which looks horrible with the
console ****. I don't like console **** no more... been there... done that
in the dos days... such horror =D LOL.

If you are running a legit copy then you had nothing to fear with the genuine
authentication process. Obviousely your XP is pirate fodder.

Old July 19th 08, 07:52 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default Skybuck's Computer(s) Situation Update(s). (Doctor Cable glue gets loose explained)

There is another point to this story:

I also noticed how the cable attachment at the top of the case come half
way
loose.

The glue let loose...

Glue? Are you talking about double sided tape with some sort of cable tie
attached?

This is what I am talking about:

It's called Doctor Cable and it came with the Seasonic S12 power supply:

http://www.3dvelocity.com/reviews/se...cs/drcable.jpg

Now look at the middle thingy.

It's a round clip which can be used to secure cables with.

The green thing can be removed and then it's sticky.

I stuck that thing to the top of my pc casing to hold up the cables so they
don't fall down onto the cpu or whatever.

And I discovered the glue isn't really strong enough... it came loose a
little and now it's only 50 procent attached.

Soon it will probably fall down.

You can see it a little bit in this (old) photo of my computer:

http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/Skybuck's%20Dream%20PC%20Website/

The photo doesn't show the thing... but the middle big yellow looking bunch
of cables is stuck to the inner top of the case with that round thingy which
is now hanging loose a bit.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old July 19th 08, 08:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default Skybuck's Computer(s) Situation Update(s) (Electrocution danger)

Hello,

I just realized there is electrocution danger inside my PC.

Had the cpu fan blades cut those power cables then I might have been
electrocuted.

Maybe it's a small possibility but still.

Open fan blades in combination with losing hanging power cords seems a
dangerous combination to me !

I still have to inspect those power cables to make sure they were not cut...
but I will do that later on when I rebuild my pc in the future (if
necessary, cause I am not still convinced).

This also raises questions about the seasonic S12 power supply and it's fan.

What will happen when it's put upside down and somebody hits the pc case
from the top ?

Will the fan blade shoot loose into the power supply ?

Probably not since it's a ball bearing fan and I know those are attached and
cannot be removed.

However let this be a warning to all others which have sleeve baring fans in
their power supplies at the bottom.

Maybe those could shoot loose if the bang is hard enough !

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old July 19th 08, 08:29 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

I have been pretty busy the last few days and some interesting things
happened.

First of all I investigated possible replacements to get a better dream
pc.

Dream PC? That's about as logical as a dream potato masher.

Smashing patato's sounds like fun.

But they are hard normally.

So you would first have to cook them for 10 minutes at least.

And then you can go smash them with your fists !

No special equipment needed ! =D

Try to smash as hard as possible ao it flies everywhere.

Maybe you can hang up a bullseye and get reeeeaallly good at it ! =D

Then organize smashing patato's tournament and make nice you tube video of
it ! =D

Bye,
Skybuck =D

--
"Milord, methinks that thou art a lowly quitter. Is this true?"