Latitude D610 External Video Blanking ATI X300

Old June 29th 06, 09:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Latitude D610 External Video Blanking ATI X300

Reporting a problem, and solution;

I have a dell D610 with dock and 20" LCD external monitor, using
extended desktop so as to have two separate displays as one desktop,
ATI Mobility Radeon X300, could not figure this out, the external
display would blank out intermittently, try staring at a document and
then BLANK, finally traced it to the ATI X300 video in the Latitude
motherboard, Dell replaced the motherboard with an Intel video board
915G based. We have extended warranty on systems, but this seems to be
a defect of ATI, good luck.

This took me months to resolve the problem with much troubleshooting; I
have tons of hardware to troubleshoot, if you don't have that luxury
maybe this article will help.

The IT Avenger

On the brink of madness... I.C. Koets General 18 January 31st 05 10:49 PM
New Radeon 9600 Pro - No Direct3D support? Scott Smith Ati Videocards 7 September 28th 04 04:50 PM
Updrade PC Guy Smith General 22 August 15th 04 01:57 AM
parhelia w/ 3 monitors tony wong Matrox Videocards 16 September 12th 03 03:59 AM