NF7-S (What to download)

Old February 22nd 04, 06:58 PM
\(: MarlboroMan :\)

Default NF7-S (What to download)

Hi all

I am expecting to get my NF7-S motherboard tomorrow. Since this is my first
Abit motherboard and my first Nforce2 motherboard I would like to know if
you, who are more experienced with this board and this chipset, can
recommend me to download, so that it's ready when I change to my new
motherboard (drivers, utilities etc.).

Thx. in advance.

Kenneth

Old February 22nd 04, 07:42 PM
Sunbow

the first thing to get is the latest bios update from the abit website and
the latest nforce drivers from nvidia`s website. The drivers that came with
my NF7 were very out of date. I use MBM5 to monitor my temps on the board.

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/uk/downl..._TYPE=Socket+A
"(: MarlboroMan " wrote in
message . ..

Old February 22nd 04, 07:45 PM
Sunbow

or more probably this link :-

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/uk/downl...YPE=Socket%2BA

Old February 22nd 04, 07:54 PM
\(: MarlboroMan :\)

the first thing to get is the latest bios update from the abit website
and
the latest nforce drivers from nvidia`s website. The drivers that came

with
my NF7 were very out of date. I use MBM5 to monitor my temps on the board.

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/uk/downl..._TYPE=Socket+A

Thx. got those updates. If nothing else is needed I must be good to go.

Kenneth

Old February 22nd 04, 08:12 PM
Per Nielsen

Sunbow wrote:
or more probably this link :-

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/uk/downl...YPE=Socket%2BA

I'm currently running BIOS version 21 (NF7-S rev2.0). What's new in version
22? The
downloadsite doesn't say anything about that.

Old February 22nd 04, 08:32 PM
Sunbow

"Per Nielsen" wrote in message
Sunbow wrote:
or more probably this link :-

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/uk/downl...YPE=Socket%2BA

I'm currently running BIOS version 21 (NF7-S rev2.0). What's new in

version
22? The
downloadsite doesn't say anything about that.

probably just a raid driver update and processor clock tweaks that abit

always find time to do. I keep it updated all the same.

Old February 22nd 04, 11:07 PM
Per Nielsen

Sunbow wrote:
probably just a raid driver update and processor clock tweaks
that abit always find time to do. I keep it updated all the same.

Just seems a little strange to me that they don't mention anything at all.
All other BIOS versions have a history listed. Oh well, I'll stick with 21.

Old February 23rd 04, 05:13 AM
Al Kaufmann

"Per Nielsen" wrote:

Sunbow wrote:
probably just a raid driver update and processor clock tweaks
that abit always find time to do. I keep it updated all the same.

Just seems a little strange to me that they don't mention anything at all.
All other BIOS versions have a history listed. Oh well, I'll stick with 21.

Probably best, I tried the latest bios and I had to flash back the
previous one. SATA Raid bugs have still not all been worked out no
matter how many people say "It works for them!"

Ak

Old February 23rd 04, 08:41 AM
Per Nielsen

Al Kaufmann wrote:
Probably best, I tried the latest bios and I had to flash back the
previous one.

It's not the first time I hear that. Version 22 seems a little flawed, not
worth the upgrade I think.

Old February 24th 04, 08:12 PM
G Crozier

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 19:45:59 -0000, "Sunbow"
wrote:

or more probably this link :-

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/uk/downl...YPE=Socket%2BA

Hello I am more or less in the same position I bought my NF7-S on
Saturday and I also am new to Abit boards and NF2 have you any idea
how I could tell if my board is a V1 or V2 .
Grant .