Noisy chipseet fan

Old October 22nd 04, 03:43 AM
Jef Norton

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...109-117&depa=0

| Terry

Hi Terry -

Thanks for posting the link. I'll check it out.

Jef

Old October 22nd 04, 11:58 AM
jeh

Jef Norton wrote:
"Terry Stockdale" wrote in message

| I replaced the chipset fan on two of my Abit AN-7 motherboards with
| Thermalright NB-1 chipset heatsinks & fans from Newegg.com. I've been
| very happy with these and have one more on hand to do my other AN-7
| when it's fan starts to die.
|
| I see it's now available in a copper version (mine are aluminum
| heatsinks). Link:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...109-117&depa=0

| Terry

Hi Terry -

Thanks for posting the link. I'll check it out.

Jef

I wonder if this would work?

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556016366.html

check the smaller pictures.

John

Old October 22nd 04, 03:41 PM
Jef Norton

"jeh" wrote in message

| I wonder if this would work?
|
| http://www.coolerguys.com/840556016366.html
|
| check the smaller pictures.
|
| John

Hi John -

Looks like it would work.

If you click on the link at the bottom "how to install" you are taken to:
http://www.zalmantech.com/

From the main page, click "How to Install" on the left and then click
ZM-NB47J in the drop down menu.

Since I've got no experience with the ZM-NB47J, hopefully someone will come
along that's used it and post their experience. Or you might want to post
at Abit's nVidia-based motherboard page in their forum at
http://forum.abit-usa.com (or even just search around and see if someone has
already used one of these guys).

Alternatively, check the measurements of the cooler very carefully to ensure
that it doesn't collide with any other component on the motherboard.

I think I'll be doing the same when I get time -- anything to quiet the jet
engine roar of my desktop system would be more than welcome.

Jef

Old October 22nd 04, 03:48 PM
Jef Norton

Also... a .pdf (requiring Adobe's Acrobat Reader) of the installation
instructions can be found he

http://www.zalman.co.kr/Upload/produ...47J_en0310.pdf

Jef

Old October 22nd 04, 05:20 PM
Jef Norton

"jeh" wrote in message

| I wonder if this would work?
|
| http://www.coolerguys.com/840556016366.html
|
| check the smaller pictures.
|
| John

Hi John -

After checking at Abit's forum (several people post that the ZM-NB-47J fits
just fine, though some complain that the mounting is a little tricky), I've
ordered one.

I could not determine the shipping charges at CoolerGuys... and, since I
usually get orders the day after they're shipped (I'm located about 20 miles
from their warehouse), I ordered from Newegg. Link:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...118-214&depa=0

US$4.99 plus $4.99 FedEX Saver Shipping (plus sales tax for me).

Jef

Old October 22nd 04, 11:53 PM
jeh

Jef Norton wrote:
"jeh" wrote in message

| I wonder if this would work?
|
| http://www.coolerguys.com/840556016366.html
|
| check the smaller pictures.
|
| John

Hi John -

After checking at Abit's forum (several people post that the ZM-NB-47J fits
just fine, though some complain that the mounting is a little tricky), I've
ordered one.

I could not determine the shipping charges at CoolerGuys... and, since I
usually get orders the day after they're shipped (I'm located about 20 miles
from their warehouse), I ordered from Newegg. Link:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...118-214&depa=0

US$4.99 plus $4.99 FedEX Saver Shipping (plus sales tax for me).

Jef

It looks like it'd be pretty easy. Are you sure it will fit the NF7 Ver
2.0 ? I think I have plenty of room for it. It should sure be quieter
with no fan.
John

Old October 23rd 04, 12:04 AM
Jef Norton

"jeh" wrote in message

| It looks like it'd be pretty easy. Are you sure it will fit the NF7 Ver
| 2.0 ? I think I have plenty of room for it. It should sure be quieter
| with no fan.
| John

Hi John -

I saw references to NF7 and NF7-S boards and revision 1.x and 2.0. I think
it'll work with every member of the family (with maybe the exception of the
NF7-M, which has on-board video... with the Zalman cooler not being
recommended for boards with such).

Jef

Noisy PSU Michael General 4 November 9th 04 07:36 PM
Noisy fans Arne S. Löfgren Homebuilt PC's 14 July 28th 04 07:58 PM
Why are 5.25" DVD/CD drives noisy? mark Homebuilt PC's 1 June 16th 04 07:29 PM
Replace Noisy Case Fan in a Dell Dimension 4300 PC Jay Chan Homebuilt PC's 7 January 19th 04 03:47 AM
Noisy fan Ampersand General 8 September 4th 03 07:15 PM