Editorial comment: The constant griping between RTFM and Elector has just about killed this newsgroup

Old August 17th 03, 03:59 PM
Ben Myers

Default Editorial comment: The constant griping between RTFM and Elector has just about killed this newsgroup

Folks, the subject says it all. I will continue to monitor postings to this
newsgroup in the unlikely event that someone will want and I can provide useful
info about his/her system. But I will give up if I think I am wasting my time.
alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell R.I.P.

Neither RTFM and Elector are blameless. I don't care who started it. Neither
has the maturity to back off. Pity.

.... Ben Myers
Old August 17th 03, 04:40 PM
Elector

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
Folks, the subject says it all. I will continue to monitor postings

to this
newsgroup in the unlikely event that someone will want and I can

provide useful
info about his/her system. But I will give up if I think I am

wasting my time.
alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell R.I.P.

Neither RTFM and Elector are blameless. I don't care who started

it. Neither
has the maturity to back off. Pity.

... Ben Myers

Thank you Ben Myers. Gladly in America your opinion counts and I will
not begrudge you yours. But let me point something out to you. Years
before you even graced this newsgroup I was here posting useful and
helpful information. It was I that kept the kooks out of this group
over the years while you had the ability to post your much needed and
wanted assistance.

It was you that encouraged this troll [RTFM] or any other name it goes
by via your taking the kindness to answer his off topic post(s) and it
was your answers that this loser was always sucking up to. Then you
realized that it was a kook and decided to back off his accolades. I
wrote you and told you I would take every means to get rid of this
troll poster. I have also answered many of the questions here over the
last few months when you hit the high road, why because you find it
hard to filter out troll boys posts, or that you have a problem with
me. If its the latter please email and let me know exactly what the
problem is. I don't hide from you and you know how to reach me.

It is your crying that is now bringing more fuel into the fracas.
Please note when you need a helping hand or any backup you always
receive it from me and many others here that have come to like you
over the years. Please don't group me into the same lot as that lying
troll Arthur Grayson Walker, when troll boy is gone the group can go
back to normal. You will notice when troll boy is not troll posting or
giving wrong answers here there is no problems.

Also note that it cannot stay away longer than a few days and then
will either troll posts a dead thread or will even morph and start it
all up again. I can prove my statements. Read the damn threads.

So I don't deserve your pity, don't need it and sure as hell don't
want it. Save it for yourself.

I note your service on many newsgroups other than here. Let me guess
if a troll poster in those groups upsets sic you, you'll run from
there also? Come on give me a break. Stop straddling the fence and
take a side. Quite a few folks here have complained to FDN and are
getting a run around from Robb who now wants the official charter for
this group, I doubt very much anything will sway these idiots other
than a total call for an IDP on their service. They don't enforce
their own TOS/AUP and like you use the mentality of "If elector did
not respond to him, we could do something" well lets stop trying to
blame me for standing up to the troll and others take a stand and get
rid of the jerk.

You know I have better things to do then go after Arthur Grayson
Walker, or any other kook name it morphs into.

Even if I did not answer his posts at all, the troll would still
disrupt this group and what do you want to do then blame me still?

Elector

Old August 18th 03, 03:20 PM
B090268

Ben - it seems that no matter how much you write about the complaining, elector
complains more, and then tries to justify himself. It simply does not work.

You are right. Alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell R.I.P.
Old August 18th 03, 09:13 PM
Elector

"B090268" wrote in message
Ben - it seems that no matter how much you write about the

complaining, elector
complains more, and then tries to justify himself. It simply does

not work.

You are right. Alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell R.I.P.

Hey RTFM Kook as I said you had to morph and post. You are a useless
troll.
And as long as I draw breath I will never let this news group die due
to your trolling.
Elector

Old August 19th 03, 01:21 AM
BR549

"Elector" wrote in message ...
"Ben Myers" wrote in message
[...]

As a regular reader and owner of several stock and non-stock PB
machines, I want to comment on this thread.

Elector has a history of service to this newsgroup along with many
others. This service comes at some sacrifice on his part and should be
considered in any judgement, pro or con, on the merits of this group.
Personally, I would hope that as grown men and women, that this
situation could be dealt with in a more businesslike way. The above
mentioned troll should just be ignored or otherwise he will continue
to provoke any and all who cannot control their emotions.

I, for one, would hate to see this or any individual cause the demise
of an otherwise productive newgroup. Comments welcome! Heath Edwards.
Old August 19th 03, 03:27 AM
Elector

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
I agree 100% with your statement re. Elector's long time service to

the PB
newsgroup. His presence here pre-dates mine, and I've been

monitoring the group
for several years.

But I also must add that there is no place in this or any other

newsgroup for
the extremely profane screeds that show up in this newsgroup. No

matter what
one or the other does or says! ... Ben Myers

On 18 Aug 2003 17:21:42 -0700, (BR549) wrote:

SNIP!

As a regular reader and owner of several stock and non-stock PB
machines, I want to comment on this thread.

Elector has a history of service to this newsgroup along with many
others. This service comes at some sacrifice on his part and should

be
considered in any judgement, pro or con, on the merits of this

group.
Personally, I would hope that as grown men and women, that this
situation could be dealt with in a more businesslike way. The above
mentioned troll should just be ignored or otherwise he will

continue
to provoke any and all who cannot control their emotions.

I, for one, would hate to see this or any individual cause the

demise
of an otherwise productive newgroup. Comments welcome! Heath

Edwards.

BR549 & Ben:
Again, I appreciate the kind thoughts. As stated earlier this
situation is not as bad as it seems. The measures used although may
not justify the means but are necessary none the less. Unfortunate as
it may seem.

In my quest to keep the unsavory element out of this group in the past
it was not necessary to do a background search on the kook troll but a
mere letter from me (personally under my real persona) to the isp
yielded many great results. That is not or did not happen with FDN &
EPIK communications. They outwardly protect this nut job [RTFM or any
other morph name it uses] where any other ISP would have suspended the
account and asked what is your purpose is trolling and flaming a news
group, this ISP likes to lie and deceive the complainer or make that
person jump through hoops.

Explain to me why any reputable ISP would do so? Now touch on my ISP
Road Runner, why is it they not only never contacted me but they see
it is in self defense and towards a purpose and never spoken to my
person? I know for a fact FDN spoke on more than three occasions to
the complaints against their subscriber, yet the troll and flames from
their so called subscriber persists.
Did you actually know that in defense of their not enforcing their
printed TOS/AUP they *blame* me for fighting with this kook RTFM?
Great mentality on their part. Sort of throwing the baby out with the
bath water. Then they tell another poster here to find the original
charter and if it is found give them the link and they may be able to
do something about their troll. Do you see any mentality in that
statement from FDN? I sure don't.

Now look at the facts of the matters, this nut job Arthur Grayson
Walker comes in here to a peaceful group, posts an original on topic
post and then proceeds to post off topic and in HTML (FTF) and when
nicely told not to, decided he was going to do what he wanted and now
its how many months later. Look at the regulars here that have either
went into sleep mode (lurking) or have decided not to bother coming
here at all, then look at the amount of questions that had been posted
and the number has dwindled on some counts due to the threading even
though the answer was in there who would want to wade through it? I
understand the hurt that this has caused in losing some of the people
in here that I considered friends. Ben Myers, TnT, MDG, Simon, Velix,
Anthony, KC and Metronid. Sure I am not their conscience but I am the
vanguard between them having a place to post in peace and friendship,
some of them and possibly all of them are angry with me. Fine I can
weather the storm, some of them I have conversed with privately and I
think they understand. I would gladly go about the business we had
before this disruptive troll came on the scene and all will be great,
this is a troll folks and it is getting its jolly's with every read
and yes I am feeding the idiot but look at the threads and see that
its so called voice is no more since folks now know who they are
dealing with.

Other folks know me, can rely on me and can see I am trying to do the
right thing. I can only ask for understanding and you will see with my
attacks on this troll [RTFM] in real life will accomplish the task of
ridding this group of a harmful element. I could stop counter posting
this nut jobs posts and it will still continue to post untruths, bad
advice or worse. Do you really want that to occur?
If the regulars here wish for me to stop, I will. But I would hope
someone else take up the baton and carry on since trolls like this are
harmful even if left to their own devices. Just look at what the troll
has done in respect to Simon and Anthony when they challenged it.

Folks this troll [Arthur Grayson Walker] came in here for one purpose
and it almost did what countless others have tried and that was to
force a wedge in this news groups friendships, in its helpful
assistance to those that need it, and in destroying this group.
I have continued to answer questions the whole time this has gone on.
And what had the troll done? Stole the answers of those posting before
the troll and claiming them as its own, that is theft. Then when it
could not get its way it tried to steal the thunder of the regulars
here and made a sham news group on Yahoo Groups. It was done to harass
and annoy and to hurt the needed folks from their rightful assistance.
Look at the losers group. Flames and hatred posts about me, polls
geared towards me, reposts from this news group and answers from this
group as if the process was done at the kooks group. Look at the facts
and see for yourself.

Then look at what I had to do in relation to opening my own Yahoo
group. it has files and links and no flames and no troll posts and no
reprints from this group. Do I want the group? No. Is it necessary at
present? Yes. Just look at the opening page at each group and you can
see that one is helpful and the other vindictive and full of lies and
flames. I am tired and I going to bed but I wanted you all to know my
position. I thank the support many have shown. Ben again you have my
email address and its unblocked to you. All the rest of my friends
here I again apologize if I am hurting you. To the troll and its socks
I am not letting any troll ruin this group and I will eventually get
you out of here. Your time here and on other fronts are almost at an
end.

Sorry for the long response.

Elector

Old August 23rd 03, 05:18 PM
Simon

"B090268" wrote in message
Ben - I have to go on record as completely disagreeing with you. elector's
conduct and language has been unprofessional, coarse, crude, and profane.

There
is no contribution that is worth paying the price of having to put up with

his
coarse and profane language -- a point you conveniently overlook.
Unfortunately, you could have done something to stop it by objecting to

his
obsession and his language. It is now too late because he is out of

control. I
view your condoning his behavior like that of the Vichy French supporting
Hitler. I am very disappointed, but pleased that I have blocked anything

from
him.

His conduct meets the original meaning of obscene -- "without any

redeeming
social value".

If you've blocked him how can u see anything thats going on...duh?
RTM aka B090268 your statement is flawed and obviously that from someone who
likes hiding behind annonymous names.

Old August 23rd 03, 07:53 PM
Elector

"B090268" wrote in message

Nothing of value by the kook, troll, liar, phony RTFM or who is
actually Arthur Grayson Walker who is using his AOL account and of
which I am taking steps to have eliminated. send all his posts to
or and explain what this loser is
doing.

Elector