A7N8X-Deluxe - New 5/7/2003 Audio drivers?

Old July 2nd 03, 10:07 PM
Erik Harris

Default A7N8X-Deluxe - New 5/7/2003 Audio drivers?

Does anyone know anything about the new drivers that are showing up on
Windows Update (Win2K) for "NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio Codec Interface
NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) MCP Audio Processing Unit (Dolby(R) Digital)"?
According to Windows Update, the new drivers are dated April 7, 2003. I
don't see any drivers that are this new on www.nvidia.com, or on the Asus
webpage.

Has anyone tried these new drivers in Win2K? If so, what are your
experiences with them? I've not had the best of luck installing drivers from
Windows Update, so I'm hesitant to try it blindly.

--
Erik Harris
AIM: KngFuJoe http://www.eharrishome.com

The above email address is obfuscated to try to prevent SPAM.
Replace each dollar sign with an "e" for the correct address.

Old July 3rd 03, 02:13 PM
SloPoke

Erik Harris wrote:

Does anyone know anything about the new drivers that are showing up on
Windows Update (Win2K) for "NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio Codec Interface
NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) MCP Audio Processing Unit (Dolby(R) Digital)"?
According to Windows Update, the new drivers are dated April 7, 2003. I
don't see any drivers that are this new on www.nvidia.com, or on the Asus
webpage.

Has anyone tried these new drivers in Win2K? If so, what are your
experiences with them? I've not had the best of luck installing drivers from
Windows Update, so I'm hesitant to try it blindly.

I believe these are the same drivers (v 2937) that were included with
the NVIDIA 2.41/2.42 NForce2 package that was withdrawn. When I
install them, I lose my rear audio channels.
Old July 3rd 03, 08:25 PM
Pug

Windows update has been screwy with these for months, if you install them
they will render the audio system unusable as they are an old version that
is incompatible with the rest of the drivers. I'm using the 2.42 driver set
and have had no problems so far, the only time I have is when I allowed
windows update to install the old audio drivers.

Steve