Ricoh CD-R problem

Old August 27th 03, 10:34 AM
Max Coppin

Default Ricoh CD-R problem

I'm trying to solve a problem on a friends PC, the scenario goes as
follows:-

They had an old PC (P90, 32MB, win 95) and added a Ricoh MP7083a CD writer
and installed Nero. The drive has apparently never worked properly, it has
only ever worked on single speed burn and then inconsistently. One problem
they told me was that the audio CD's only work in new CD players, I assume
this is because the old one won't read CD-Rs or the disk wasn't finalized,
or such like. They did say that sometimes it appears to work but tracks are
silent on playback.

Anyway, they got a new PC (Duron 1.3 , 256MB, WinXP Pro) and basically have
the same problem. XP says the files cannot be written to the cd when using
all sppeds except the slowest and I did try one track at single speed and it
worked but is silent on playback. I have upgraded to the latest firmware
but to no avail.

Any help welcome

Thanks

Old August 27th 03, 11:19 AM
FSaM

"Max Coppin" wrote in message
[...]

I had the same problem with Nero......have you tried using musicmatch
jukebox?
although it may be possible that you just have a duff cdrw

Old August 27th 03, 11:21 AM
philip ashley

have you got the latest wnaspi32.dll file (V 2.0.1.59) in the Ahead/Nero
folder? if not try downloading it from here and putting it inside here

C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/wnaspi32.dll

philip ashley

"Max Coppin" wrote in message
[...]

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old August 27th 03, 12:54 PM
MJC

I'll try this solution but that wouldn't explain the error using the windows
XP cd burning software, would it?

Old August 27th 03, 01:22 PM
Joe727

You might need to flash the CD-RW with the latest firmware. You can get it
at MET Technology:

http://www.met.com.tw/eng/download/lists/list_03.htm

http://www.met.com.tw/eng/download/downloadpage.htm

Joe

Old August 27th 03, 03:30 PM
Erik Pigshit

Max Coppin wrote:
[...]

Sorry, you're on the lizst.
http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&l...r%3D%26hl%3Den

--
Erik Pig****
"I am one the few who gives an intelligent reply." [sic]

Help needed with unidentified problem ^MisterJingo^ General 3 November 23rd 04 05:45 AM
Unusual DVD-rom problem Sizif General 0 July 7th 04 03:25 PM
This problem has baffled everyone... Nick G General 46 May 22nd 04 04:01 AM
Sound card problem Phileas General 10 May 9th 04 10:55 PM
Freezing, lock up, unresponsive problem. James General 5 September 5th 03 02:54 PM