Weirdness in my Chinese keyboard sweatshop

Old July 3rd 18, 08:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Weirdness in my Chinese keyboard sweatshop

Couple of keys I'd resoldered are both num6 next to the far-right +.
The former went intermittent again. Opened up totally-black keyboard
secured by 8 hex-ish if not Chinese variant phone screws on top, 8
cross-head Phillips screws on bottom. Checked with x30 magnifier to
find solder slop, which I done, my bad, but it cleaned up nicely with
a solder pick. Desoldered with sucker and resoldered clean. Pulled
key cap label to the mechanical number 6 activation plunger switch.
Put under a magnifier for weirdness: found a screw wedged and stuck
inside the num6's cap. Smaller than from the two upper/lower assembly
case shroud pieces and their attachment screws;- it wasn't a misplaced
screw from my prior reassembly. This one was super small, close to a
clock or watch-gauge screw. Opened it back up to check the rear master
PCB where all the soldering is done. Nope, nothing there. The front
of the PCB is secured to the top shroud piece, screwed bottom to the
top, with entirely different screws, which I haven't yet pulled to
take all the way down.

Provided there is even that gauge screw used on the top of the PCB. If
not, then an extra screw was slipped into the num6 keycap and shipped
that way, which periodically caused intermittency until I found it a
little while ago.

Cheers for small wonders: Dunno about you, how your cross-word puzzle
is going today, but I'm ready for another steamed espresso coffee.

Fixed my new broken chinese keyboard Flasherly[_2_] Homebuilt PC's 1 June 26th 18 10:40 AM
Regor weirdness -- When things get weird, Weirdness get going. Flasherly[_2_] Homebuilt PC's 4 May 30th 15 06:01 AM
Chinese+Saying knee70 General 0 November 22nd 05 03:03 AM
Chinese+Saying knee70 General 0 November 22nd 05 03:03 AM
Inspiron 7K keyboard weirdness Louie Dell Computers 5 October 8th 04 12:11 PM