How to install an English Version of Windows XP on an Arabic Version?

Old May 2nd 07, 11:42 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default How to install an English Version of Windows XP on an Arabic Version?

Member since: May 02, 2007
Total points: 96 (Level 1)
Points earned this week:
--% Best answer

Swissie
http://login.yahoo.com/?.pd=c%3d1MKJ...330 39AAkEgPr

How to install an English Version of Windows XP on an Arabic Version?

I have a laptop that I bought about 2 months ago and it crashed. I
know live saudi arabia and i went to have it repaired in a arabic shop
where they had to reinstall Windows XP. However they did not have an
english copy and they have install it in arabic ( and I don't speak
arabic yet) I know got an English copy of windows XP but I can't
manage to install it. it keeps saying that the language of my CD
diffears from the language on my laptop and does not let me carry on.
What can I do? I think I need to reformat it from the hard drive but I
don't know how to do and when I put the CD when switching on my laptop
it does not start on its own. Thank you

Old May 2nd 07, 11:54 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
meerkat

wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

You will have to enter the BIOS on your machine, and
Make your CD drive the first bootable device.
Read your manual to find out how to do that.

Then start your machine with the XP CD inserted.

Old May 2nd 07, 12:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

On May 2, 6:54 am, "meerkat" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]