best cooler for hot Intel

Old September 6th 05, 02:55 AM
Bill V.

Default best cooler for hot Intel

I'm one of the lucky one's with hot running Intel 3.4 processor. Been trying
a few different coolers with little success. What's the best I can run and
cool this beast down? Been considering a water cooler but not happy with the
price...

Bill

Old September 6th 05, 05:53 AM
BigJIm

mine runs at 44c when idle
gets up to 50c plus when gaming
I run the stock fan and heatsink but have 5 other fans in the box.
one is setup to blow cool room air right on the video and cpu.
my room is also air condition and set at around 74 f.

Old September 6th 05, 05:46 PM
Felger Carbon

"Bill V." wrote in message
I'm one of the lucky one's with hot running Intel 3.4 processor.

Been trying
a few different coolers with little success. What's the best I can

run and
cool this beast down? Been considering a water cooler but not happy

with the
price...

Assuming you have a socket-775 Prescott, what you need is A) an Arctic
Cooling Freezer 7 and B) to read the installation proceedure 8 times
before trying to install it.

Newegg has a _large_ number of reader reviews of the Freezer 7. The
reviewers are either ecstatically happy or abysmally miserable due to
improper installation. The unhappy ones are more strongly motivated
to write in, of course.

Seriously: install a Freezer 7. Take great care with the
installation.

Old September 6th 05, 07:42 PM
jammie

"Bill V." wrote in message
I'm one of the lucky one's with hot running Intel 3.4

processor. Been
trying
a few different coolers with little success. What's the best

I can run and
cool this beast down? Been considering a water cooler but

not happy with
the
price...

Bill

I have seen some water cooling systems around for quite cheap less
than £100 althouh i am aware that you probably live in america. If you
search around you should be ble to find 1 for about $150 if i am ryt
just make sure it has a warranty and support over your system as it
probably will b cheap.

jamie

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Home-B...pict61659.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=311141

Old September 7th 05, 03:57 PM
Clyde

Felger Carbon wrote:
"Bill V." wrote in message

I'm one of the lucky one's with hot running Intel 3.4 processor.

Been trying

a few different coolers with little success. What's the best I can

run and

cool this beast down? Been considering a water cooler but not happy

with the

price...

I have a P4 3.2 GHz Prescott in a 478 socket. I run Photoshop very
heavily on it. I regularly hit 100% CPU on it.

I have a Zalman 7000 Cu as my processor cooler. As long as it is clean,
this cools just fine. Once the fins become coated with dust, my Intel
Active Monitor starts giving warning alarms. Then I shut it down and
blow it all out. After that it runs normally again.

The newer Zalman is the 7700, but I don't know how well it works. BTW,
my is pretty quiet too.

Clyde