SeaTools Bootable USB *NOT IMPRESSED*

Old January 27th 20, 07:59 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
[email protected]

Default SeaTools Bootable USB *NOT IMPRESSED*

I have used the Seatools for DOS burnt to a CD for yonks.
But sometimes it floundered with new hardware, either not seeing any
disk drives, or keyboard not working.

So got the new SeaTools bootable creator and put it on a USB thumb drive.
It booted up on a system where the old CD was no good, and I was able to
run the long test. So far so good.
But when I click on serial number to get the drive info, it says
Power-on Hours: 0
This was for a used WD disk, but the old Seatools for DOS would read those
properly.
Old January 27th 20, 02:09 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Shadow[_2_]

On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 22:59:45 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I have used the Seatools for DOS burnt to a CD for yonks.
But sometimes it floundered with new hardware, either not seeing any
disk drives, or keyboard not working.

So got the new SeaTools bootable creator and put it on a USB thumb drive.
It booted up on a system where the old CD was no good, and I was able to
run the long test. So far so good.
But when I click on serial number to get the drive info, it says
Power-on Hours: 0
This was for a used WD disk, but the old Seatools for DOS would read those
properly.

Try using the Manufacture's program.

https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?p=2

//Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for DOS
File Size: 224 KB
Version: v5.27
Release Date: 10/2016

Data LifeGuard Diagnostics is designed to test the physical condition
of your hard drive. This utility is designed for drivers larger than
8.4 GB with model numbers starting with WDxxx. This program is
designed to work only in a DOS booted environment. //

I made a collection of all the various "testers". Some will
run on other makes, some are egoistic.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004