Best motherboard/memory for athlon xp 3000+/400 Mhz FSB

Old July 26th 04, 04:16 AM
blah

Default Best motherboard/memory for athlon xp 3000+/400 Mhz FSB

which is the best?
mobo:
asus a7n8x deluxe
abit AN7
abit NF7-S
abit NF7-S2
abit NF7-S2G

memory:
corsair
ocz
kingston
crucial

NOT interested in overclocking.

I realized no one would read my previous post as it's too long, so I'm
re-asking in shorthand.

Old July 26th 04, 07:21 AM
Fitz

They are all NForce 2 chipsets- pick the board that has the features you
want. The AN7 has good onboard sound (SoundStorm). I built a system on that
and am pleased with it.

Memory: All of your choices make a line of quality memory....I would stay
away from the "Value" lines. Get the best you can afford (check out the
Mushkin Level 1). Minimum of 512MB...a GB wouldn't be wasted. Two sticks
(i.e. 2 X 256 MB) to use the dual channel capability of the NForce 2.

Fitz

Old July 26th 04, 02:30 PM
OCZ Guy

1 gig wasted ???

You DUMBARSE go back to preschool 1 gig IS BRILLIANT, one you do 1 gig
you never go back to half a gig, ITS JUST SOOO MUCH better.

Say its not so and ill slap you i will

Old July 26th 04, 04:11 PM
Matt

blah wrote:
which is the best?

http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en
http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en
www.newegg.com motherboard and memory product reviews.

Try to find complaints about incompatibilities between your favorite
mobo and your favorite memory.

Since you aren't overclocking, you shouldn't have to pay much of a
premium for memory that works.

Old July 26th 04, 08:00 PM
Mark Crowther

"OCZ Guy" wrote in message
news
1 gig wasted ???

You DUMBARSE go back to preschool 1 gig IS BRILLIANT, one you do 1 gig
you never go back to half a gig, ITS JUST SOOO MUCH better.

Say its not so and ill slap you i will

you might want to re-read his post. He said it *wouldn't* be wasted.

Old July 26th 04, 11:40 PM
Fitz

OCZ,

Since this newsgroup is about helping people, I'll respond to your
post.....slowly, so you can comprehend it this time.

I said, " A m i n i m um (indicating what would be the least acceptable
amount of memory) o f f i v e h u n d r e d a n d t w e l v e m e g a
b y t e s (abbreviated MB).... a g i g a b y t e (actually 1024 megabytes,
ok?) w o u l d n ' t ( contraction for WOULD NOT) be
w a s t e d (the intent here was to convey that a gigabyte of memory would
be a GOOD thing).

OK, got it?...or should we review further?

Fitz

Old August 9th 04, 11:52 PM

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:40:56 -0800, "Fitz"
wrote:

OCZ,

Since this newsgroup is about helping people, I'll respond to your
post.....slowly, so you can comprehend it this time.

I said, " A m i n i m um (indicating what would be the least acceptable
amount of memory) o f f i v e h u n d r e d a n d t w e l v e m e g a
b y t e s (abbreviated MB).... a g i g a b y t e (actually 1024 megabytes,
ok?) w o u l d n ' t ( contraction for WOULD NOT) be
w a s t e d (the intent here was to convey that a gigabyte of memory would
be a GOOD thing).

OK, got it?...or should we review further?

Fitz

I love it !!! - but I think the irony is wasted. !!

B.N.
--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"