How to make my P3 slot1 pc quiet - help

Old November 12th 03, 02:36 AM
Lee Goldblatt

Default How to make my P3 slot1 pc quiet - help

I have slot 1 P3. There's a heat sink and a fan right on the
cpu. I'm sure it does a good job cooling but the fan makes
this buzz sound - not loud but the buzz is annoying.

Compared to my old PII w\a huge heat sink and there's only
a rear case fan that exhausts air. It not "buzzy" and not annoying.

How can I quiet down the P3 ?
Can I get a big heat sink like the PII or anything to stop the buzz.

Again, at first you'd say the P3 fan is quiet but it has a buzz that
is driving me crazy.

Thanks.

Old November 12th 03, 09:34 AM
Spajky

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 02:36:14 GMT, "Lee Goldblatt"
wrote:

I have slot 1 P3. There's a heat sink and a fan right on the
cpu. I'm sure it does a good job cooling but the fan makes
this buzz sound - not loud but the buzz is annoying.

Compared to my old PII w\a huge heat sink and there's only
a rear case fan that exhausts air. It not "buzzy" and not annoying.

How can I quiet down the P3 ?
Can I get a big heat sink like the PII or anything to stop the buzz.

Again, at first you'd say the P3 fan is quiet but it has a buzz that
is driving me crazy.

put it to 7V & if wanna monitor its RPM, there is a fix under
electronics on my site; also under comp you can find a cheap & good
HSF (Ancer, China), a picture of it there too ...

-- Regards, SPAJKY
& visit site - http://www.spajky.vze.com
Celly-III OC-ed,"Tualatin on BX-Slot1-MoBo!"
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

Make £5000 from just £3 mike General 0 October 6th 04 01:52 PM
Silent Computer - Advice David Taylor Homebuilt PC's 51 October 7th 03 11:26 AM
Advice on new Quiet PC for 11 yr old )-()-( Homebuilt PC's 5 July 17th 03 05:53 AM