Can't copy to "d" drive - Incorrect Parameter

Old November 12th 03, 01:05 AM

Default Can't copy to "d" drive - Incorrect Parameter

I have a home built "clone" running XP Pro on an Intel D845XXX motherboard.
Two WD 40 Gig hard drives.
It has worked just great until this week. Now for some reason I can't make a
new folder on the "D" drive or copy anything to it from the other drive or
another machine on my home network.
I am getting a message: "Cannot copy file: Incorrect parameter
What the hell?? I am also running NAV 2003 and did a checkup on
housecall.trendmicro.com
but, still nothing. Could these be some type of virus or ??
HELPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

Old November 13th 03, 05:50 AM
Noi

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:50:50 +0000, J without thinking wrote:

I am only running nav 2003 not the suite

hlink.net...

"J" wrote in message

I have a home built "clone" running XP Pro on an Intel D845XXX

motherboard.
Two WD 40 Gig hard drives.
It has worked just great until this week. Now for some reason I can't

make a
new folder on the "D" drive or copy anything to it from the other
drive

or
another machine on my home network.
I am getting a message: "Cannot copy file: Incorrect parameter What
the hell?? I am also running NAV 2003 and did a checkup on
housecall.trendmicro.com
but, still nothing. Could these be some type of virus or ??
HELPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

You rebooted the system? And the "D" drive isn't full? And what is the
file and file's attributes?