RAID 0 problem on Asus P4T533. extra array showing up?

Old November 5th 03, 05:16 AM
BrentM

Default RAID 0 problem on Asus P4T533. extra array showing up?

My RAID controller is seeing two arrays when I only have one.

I was trying to get my DVD burner working (it stopped and I don't know
why). Went into BIOS and made it the bootable instead of the other CD
drive I had. Wanted to see if it would boot off the CD. Also made sure
Bios saw it.

Saved. Now the RAID won't come up. Says second array has a problem. I
only have one array. It seems to have added one of the 2 drives to
it's own array.

When I go into FastBuild, and show arrays, it looks something like
this:

Array # of drives Size Status
---------------------------------------
Array 1 1 120g Functional
Array 2 2 240g Non Functional

All I have is two 120gig drives. It should just show array 1 at
240gig. Instead it's confused.

From what I've read, the data is still on there. I could try deleting
Array 1 and see if it picks things back up. Could delete both, then
recreate and it might survive if I choose all the same settings. I
don't know for sure what I chose a year ago of course.

Any ideas? Is there a way to tell what my stripe size choice was?
Old November 6th 03, 12:26 PM
BrentM

To answer my own question, I used the raid utility to delete both
arrays, then recreated an array. I guessed that I'd used Desktop as
the stripe size and was apparently correct. Things are now working.

As an aside, the broken optical drive was fixed by tapping it a few
times and blowing canned air inside it.

BrentM wrote:

My RAID controller is seeing two arrays when I only have one.

I was trying to get my DVD burner working (it stopped and I don't know
why). Went into BIOS and made it the bootable instead of the other CD
drive I had. Wanted to see if it would boot off the CD. Also made sure
Bios saw it.

Saved. Now the RAID won't come up. Says second array has a problem. I
only have one array. It seems to have added one of the 2 drives to
it's own array.

When I go into FastBuild, and show arrays, it looks something like
this:

Array # of drives Size Status
Array 1 1 120g Functional
Array 2 2 240g Non Functional

All I have is two 120gig drives. It should just show array 1 at
240gig. Instead it's confused.

From what I've read, the data is still on there. I could try deleting