rubber pad replacements for dell laptops

Old January 14th 10, 12:53 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

Default rubber pad replacements for dell laptops

This is a real technical question grin.
Where do you guys get your rubber pad replacements for bottom of the
dell laptops? Any favorite store or just any Walmart, hardware,
etc.. ? Are they self sticking or do I need to use rubber glue?
Old January 14th 10, 02:54 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_2_]

RnR wrote:
This is a real technical question grin.
Where do you guys get your rubber pad replacements for bottom of the
dell laptops? Any favorite store or just any Walmart, hardware,
etc.. ? Are they self sticking or do I need to use rubber glue?

If I'm lucky, I have a scraptop of a same or similar model, so I pull
off the pads from the scraptop and put them on a functioning laptop...
Ben Myers
Old January 14th 10, 12:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob Villa

On Jan 13, 6:53*pm, "RnR" wrote:
This is a real technical question grin. *
Where do you guys get your rubber pad replacements for bottom of the
dell laptops? *Any favorite store or just any Walmart, hardware,
etc.. ? *Are they self sticking or do I need to use rubber glue?

Most hardware stores have square peel-and-stick pads...but they are
thicker/higher.

bob
Old January 14th 10, 04:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
William R. Walsh[_2_]

Hi!

I have used a product from the Waxman Consumer Group to replace
missing computer feet. As best I remember, what you would be looking
for are the SoftTouch round gripper pads. They come in black and white
colors (although I've only seen the black ones on the Waxman CPG web
site).

There are larger ones (desktop computers) and smaller ones (laptops).
Whatever the size, I've never had them come off. There are enough in a
package to do at least two computers.

http://www.waxmancpg.com/getProducts...&content_id=56

William
Old January 14th 10, 05:28 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob Villa

On Jan 13, 6:53*pm, "RnR" wrote:
This is a real technical question grin. *
Where do you guys get your rubber pad replacements for bottom of the
dell laptops? *Any favorite store or just any Walmart, hardware,
etc.. ? *Are they self sticking or do I need to use rubber glue?

There are also small, round, clear ones (self-stick) used for lamps or
brick-a-brack.

bob
Old January 14th 10, 06:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MJMIII[_2_]

"Bob Villa" wrote in message
On Jan 13, 6:53 pm, "RnR" wrote:
This is a real technical question grin.
Where do you guys get your rubber pad replacements for bottom of the
dell laptops? Any favorite store or just any Walmart, hardware,
etc.. ? Are they self sticking or do I need to use rubber glue?

There are also small, round, clear ones (self-stick) used for lamps or
brick-a-brack.

bob

Thanks, Bob! I've had this old brick-a-brack hanging around here for 30
years needing replacement pads.

:-)
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

Dell laptops PDR Dell Computers 1 September 25th 07 02:21 PM
dell laptops Peter[_4_] Dell Computers 4 March 30th 07 01:18 AM
Dell Optiplex GX270 Motherboard replacements [email protected] Dell Computers 8 February 21st 06 06:39 PM
Dell PCs (not laptops) lordy UK Computer Vendors 2 July 21st 04 06:53 PM
Dothan Dell Laptops Malcolm Dell Computers 0 May 5th 04 06:44 PM