Voltage Pin Mod on Mobile Barton

Old July 25th 04, 08:39 AM
Ed Light

Default Voltage Pin Mod on Mobile Barton

A question re my upcoming first overclocking :-))

Just ordered a 35w 2200+ Barton Mobile from newegg ($77).

Biostar M7VIT-Pro (KT-400) board only has fsb settings, so I'll be using the
wires in the socket pin mod method of overclocking -- my first time.

Can't experiment much as it's a challenge to get my heatsink off past a
pesky capacitor.

After reading all the user comments at newegg, I decided on 166 * 13 for
2158 MHz (3000+) at 1.5 volts (stock is 1.35).

Will be setting fsb at 166 using the jumpers on the board. I suppose it
makes no difference if I put in a wire for 166 fsb or not?

The other question is, to pin mod the voltage, do I need to cut any bridges,
since the cpu is so unlocked?

Thanks in advance!
--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old July 26th 04, 07:30 AM
Satan's Little Sister

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 00:39:27 -0700, "Ed Light"
wrote:

The other question is, to pin mod the voltage, do I need to cut any bridges,
since the cpu is so unlocked?

Mobiles are designed to use a different VID-voltage table. If your
board's BIOS recognizes it as a mobile, it might use the
desktop-voltage table (most pinmod guides are based on this one) or
it may use the proper mobile-voltage table (giving you a different
voltage than you expect).

Sadly, I don't know which your board will use.

Okay, that doesn't help much at the moment. But it's something to
remember if the voltage is goofy.

--
sls
Old July 26th 04, 11:11 AM
Ed Light

"Satan's Little Sister" wrote

Mobiles are designed to use a different VID-voltage table. If your
board's BIOS recognizes it as a mobile, it might use the
desktop-voltage table (most pinmod guides are based on this one) or
it may use the proper mobile-voltage table (giving you a different
voltage than you expect).

Sadly, I don't know which your board will use.

The board doesn't have bios that claim to recognize mobiles, being an old
kt400, so I hope it will use the desktop scheme.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\