Latitude D610 owners....

Old August 24th 06, 03:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

Default Latitude D610 owners....

....I've got one of these systems here right now, fairly new. Upon
inspection, I note that on the bottom of the machine at the dock
slot/connector, there are no (for lack of a better term) protective
dust/doors coverning the dock connector.

All of the D600/D610's I've seen previously have these (I think), can
someone who has one confirm this (whether the slot has dust covers or not)?

I'm thinking these are missing, but it's not readily apparent how they'd be
replaced even if I'm right. This machine will likely be used in a rather
nasty environment on a D port replicator.

Thanks -

Stew

Old August 24th 06, 03:56 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

it's naked
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc....htm#wp1175114

Old August 24th 06, 04:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
connor

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:12:25 -0500, "S.Lewis" wrote:

...I've got one of these systems here right now, fairly new. Upon
inspection, I note that on the bottom of the machine at the dock
slot/connector, there are no (for lack of a better term) protective
dust/doors coverning the dock connector.

All of the D600/D610's I've seen previously have these (I think), can
someone who has one confirm this (whether the slot has dust covers or not)?

I'm thinking these are missing, but it's not readily apparent how they'd be
replaced even if I'm right. This machine will likely be used in a rather
nasty environment on a D port replicator.

Thanks -

Stew

Stew,

I recently received a new D610 and there is no dust cover for the docking
connector. I have several coworkers with D610s and none were delivered with
covers. Seems this port should be covered.

Gary
Old August 26th 06, 12:15 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"connor" wrote in message
[...]

Chris / Gary -

Thanks very much. I just wanted to verify as photos I found were
inconclusive.

-Stew

Old August 26th 06, 12:22 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

Yep. I screwed up and had glanced at a D600 image:

Old September 2nd 06, 07:27 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Clint

If it makes you feel better, my D810 connector is naked too. Seems like
a rather odd design decision; putting a large electrical connector on the
bottom of the machine with nothing to protect it.

Clint

Old September 3rd 06, 04:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"Clint" wrote in message
If it makes you feel better, my D810 connector is naked too. Seems
like a rather odd design decision; putting a large electrical connector on
the bottom of the machine with nothing to protect it.

Clint

You bet. And also odd that the earlier/lesser D600 *does* have these
doors/flaps for protection of the dock connector.

Oh well.

Stew