ABIT AI7 (Springdale) - NB/AGP Core Voltage?

Old April 23rd 04, 01:54 AM
Wayne Youngman

Default ABIT AI7 (Springdale) - NB/AGP Core Voltage?

Softmenu Setup
- AGP VDDQ Voltage: 1.55

Voltage Monitoring
- NB/AGP Core Voltage: 1.57

Why does it say under the monitoring tab NB/AGP? Is that meaning
Northbridge?

I noticed allot of people who overclock their P4's set the AGP to 1.6v or
1.65v which I never could understand, but if it is giving extra volts to the
northbridge then I understand.

What does VDDQ mean?

Many thanks
--
Wayne ][
Intel® Pentium® 4 - Online! :P

Old April 23rd 04, 03:51 AM
ICee

Wayne Youngman wrote:
Softmenu Setup
- AGP VDDQ Voltage: 1.55

Voltage Monitoring
- NB/AGP Core Voltage: 1.57

Why does it say under the monitoring tab NB/AGP? Is that meaning
Northbridge?

I noticed allot of people who overclock their P4's set the AGP to
1.6v or
1.65v which I never could understand, but if it is giving extra volts
to the northbridge then I understand.

What does VDDQ mean?

Many thanks

Vddq is the I/O supply voltage for an AGP card and used for the data
transmission, or "signaling" circuitry on the card. The min and max
Vddq voltage is 1.425V and 1.575V respectivley.

Old April 23rd 04, 11:49 AM
Wayne Youngman

"ICee" wrote
Vddq is the I/O supply voltage for an AGP card and used for the data
transmission, or "signaling" circuitry on the card. The min and max
Vddq voltage is 1.425V and 1.575V respectivley.

Why does it say under the monitoring tab NB/AGP? Is NB meaning Northbridge?
--
Wayne ][
Intel® Pentium® 4 - Online! :P

Old April 23rd 04, 01:23 PM
ICee

Wayne Youngman wrote:
"ICee" wrote
Vddq is the I/O supply voltage for an AGP card and used for the data
transmission, or "signaling" circuitry on the card. The min and max
Vddq voltage is 1.425V and 1.575V respectivley.

Why does it say under the monitoring tab NB/AGP? Is NB meaning
Northbridge?

I don't know; I don't have that MB. Looking at the manual, there is a
BIOS setting in the Softmenu Setup listed as "N/B Strap CPU As" which
has to do with the Memory Controller Hub. There is no listing for NB
voltage, just for AGP Vddq voltage, and no mention of what N/B is.
North Bridge sounds logical, though.

Old April 24th 04, 01:05 AM
TomG

NB does mean Northbridge.

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror ----- Cable modem IP
over 130,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

"ICee" wrote

Old April 24th 04, 11:00 AM
Wayne Youngman

"TomG" wrote
NB does mean Northbridge.

Hi,
thanks Tom. So if that is the case it would appear that the AGP voltage is
also effecting the NorthBridge?. I always found on nForce2 boards that you
needed to *increase* the voltage to the Northbridge when you were
overclocking. If bumping up the AGP Voltage has a *knock-on* effect to the
Northbridge then I can see why the overclockers are running 1.65v to their
AGP.

I will test it out soon, but I'm not sure why the NB description only
appears on the voltage-monitoring page and not softmenu?
--
Wayne ][
Intel® Pentium® 4 - Online! :P

Old April 24th 04, 12:15 PM
Phil Weldon

nb = nota bene = note well; or, maybe, in this case, northbridge B^)

--
Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
For communication,

Old April 24th 04, 03:44 PM
TomG

I cannot speak to whether the NB and AGP voltages are linked. I have not
heard of anyone else in the group going this direction to enhance
OC-ability.