Need Help Finding Info for Computer

Old July 9th 05, 10:42 PM
Von Fourche

Default Need Help Finding Info for Computer

I've been looking on the compaq website about how many banks of memory
my computer was shipped with. Isn't this info on their site?

I've punched in my model number - 5BW284, but can not find the info.

Isn't their site supposed to me how much memory and how many banks it
was shipped with?

My computer currently has 128MB of ram. It's crashing like crazy. I
desperately want to max it out at 512.

Can anybody find this information on the Compaq website (if it's
actually there) and post a link for me? My computer is a Compaq Presario
5000 Series model 5BW284.

I would like to order some memory from that crucial web site this
weekend.

Thanks!

Old July 10th 05, 02:53 AM
Tom Scales

The best resource for memory information is www.crucial.com. It tells me
that your machine has 2 banks each capable of a max of 256M for a total of
512MB.

Tom
news

Old July 10th 05, 10:21 AM
HH

Look here for info on your Presario:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/p...&lang=en&cc=us

HH

Old July 10th 05, 02:55 PM
Ben Myers

I ended up at that URL when I looked for info on the model. Unfortunately it is
a dead end compared to many of the URLs on the HPaq web site. One cannot
determine the exact specs of the machine, including CPU type and speed, memory
type, number and type of slots, etc. The typical shortchanging of Presario
owners, insulting their intelligence with dumbed-down technical info.

.... Ben Myers