soundcard problems on p4s8x asus mobo!

Old July 27th 03, 12:49 AM
Reepicheep

Default soundcard problems on p4s8x asus mobo!

problem not resolved.
here is a re-post (four posts total):

the first post:

hi. my system specs are as follows:

intel p4 2.53ghz
1024mb ram DDR333/PC2700
ati radeon 9700pro (agp)

(pci slots in use):

DLink 520+ NIC
unused (but plugged in and installed) 56k dialup modem.
non-working soundcard (SB Live! PCI)....

problem is this: windows tells me that the device on PCI slot 3 has NO
RESOURCES. windows will not give the sound card on slot3 any resources. if
the soundcard is on slot 1-6 it still gets no resources, if it is on 1-6 AND
is the only thing in the pci slots (5 empty slots), it still has not
resources.

i tried it with onboard lan and onboard sound off... still not working.
i looked at my irq config in WINDOWS, and irq 5 is not even listed there.

i try to uninstall CMEDIA (AC97) drivers from my computer using add/remove
hardware, and then it forces me to reboot (no option not 2 reboot) and when
i come back its still installed (with onboard sound disabled the whole
time).

for some reason i dont think my onboard sound is completely off (in the bios
or in windows i dont know), so that my soundcard isnt being assigned IRQ 5
(which i think is what it wants). i dont know what else to do other than
disable onboard sound in bios.

there was also an option to assign an IRQ to a slot, i tried assigning slot
3 to irq 5... it did not work, apparently it is either for something else,
or i have a different problem than i think.

could someone plz give me some new ideas to try?
thanks for your insight.

a second post:

Windows XP (Sorry, forgot)
and Yes, i installed the latest mobo drivers.

a third post:

the fact that when i go to device manager - properties for multimedia audio
controller (with an exclamation point) - Resources tab - it then tells me
there is a problem, and that no resources are free.

a fourth post:

my computer is very new, 7 monthes old.
my motherboard has the most current update (rev. 1004)
1005 is in beta stages so i dont have it.
even windows is up to date with all the latest patches.

i looked in my bios, and the only thing i found that was acpi read:
ACPI SUSPEND TO RAM - DISABLED
which didnt seem like what u were talking about.

Asus mobo problems... AMK General 0 November 7th 03 10:10 PM
POST Problems With Asus P4C 800 Kevin MacKenzie Overclocking 4 November 5th 03 07:13 PM
Peculiar RAM problems with an old Asus mobo setup?!? Darth Joules General 7 October 16th 03 07:48 PM
Asus P4SD-LA Audio Problems Karl M. North General 1 October 10th 03 07:49 PM
soundcard probs on p4s8x asus mobo! Reepicheep Homebuilt PC's 2 July 19th 03 03:03 AM