XP Pro hangs on hibernate or suspend with GA-7N400 Pro2 (Rev 2.0)

Old May 23rd 04, 05:55 PM
relic

Outlook User wrote:
Also, my monitor can (and does) go into low power mode with no
problem. APIC is set for level 3 (suspend to RAM).

(Dimitris) wrote in message
om...
"New.Blueyonder" wrote in message
MY PSU Is 550 Watts, with more than enough current for this mobo.

7N400 Pro 2 (Rev 2.0)
XP 2800+
1 x 512mb Kingston 400
2 X 120gb Raid 0
XP fully Patched
Nec 1300A DVD Writer
Radeon 9200 SE 128Mb
550 Watts PSU
Bios FD

I'd also be very interested if anyone else has this problem and
more importantly a solution.

Thanks

Paul.

Before troubleshooting for suspend mode, check if you can have your
monitor turned off by software . Put a turn off monitor time in the
power options in the control panel and check to see if winxp is able
to shut the monitor, and then to come back by a key press or mouse
move. (I am not talking about screensaver) . If this doesnt work then
it is a graphic card problem. However if it does work, then you i see
two possible causes:
1) Bios misconfiguration or problem(except power management option
check if APIC is enabled), or
2) PSU though 550w doesnt supply correct standby voltage. Whats the
brand of the psu?
Something tells me that you ll have to wait either for a bios update
or for a nvidia chipset driver update afterall.

You'd be better off setting the BIOS back to its defaults. Customizing them
can mess up the XP installation (i.e., PnP OS).

--
- relic -
Don't take life too seriously, You won't get out alive.