52.16 final and Ti4800SE

Old October 24th 03, 01:02 AM
Pauly

Default 52.16 final and Ti4800SE

same G4 type chip more or less,
works just fine on my Quadro4 900XGL
DFI KT400A
1GB PC3200 RAM
Barton @ 2.3Ghz
WInXP Pro

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:31:47 +0100, "XS" wrote:

Has anyone tried the latest nvidia released ones with the Ti4800SE? I can't
get any of the 5x.xx to work all I get is the BSOD at startup, starting to
remind me of the old drivers again! Anyone got a fix for this or know a way
around it?

ECS KT400 mobo
512MB DDR RAM
Athlon 2200XP
Windows XP SP1
VIA 4 in 1 drivers

Cheers

Paul

Old October 24th 03, 03:25 PM
Yakumo

can't be assed typing up again, pasting neowin post...

"winxp pro sp1, all updates
gainward gf4 ti4800se
uninstalled old drivers, ran nasty file remover, rebooted, installed
52.16 offcial.

can't play quake3 for more than about 10 minutes before it causes a total
system hang.

some have suggested it's duelview causing the problems, tried turning off
nview, and all multi monitor features, set it to single monitor etc, same
problem.

back to 45.33 for me... shame, they seeemed really nice otherwise.

many non FX owners are even reporting they can't run openGL games/apps at
ALL, they hang as soon as they try to start up

really not worthy of an official release...."

oh, thoguh some have now said it's a punkbuster conflict requiring
punkbuster to be updated, and possibly the nvidia drivers too.

"XS" wrote in
: