PNY - How in the heck do you get an RMA from them??

Old September 9th 03, 12:55 PM
RicM

Default PNY - How in the heck do you get an RMA from them??

I've got a defective PNY Verto GEForce4 Ti 4200. Manual says "to
obtain warranty service , phone PNY at 1-800-234-4597" but all that
does is put you in an endless recorded message loop. Checked the
website and can find no info on requesting an RMA. Called PNY in NJ
and left two messages for Customer Service, neither of which was
returned.

What the heck is the secret? This is my first experience with PNY and
may well be my last.

Anyone? Anyone?
Old September 9th 03, 04:17 PM
mcheu

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 07:55:32 -0400, RicM wrote::

I've got a defective PNY Verto GEForce4 Ti 4200. Manual says "to
obtain warranty service , phone PNY at 1-800-234-4597" but all that
does is put you in an endless recorded message loop. Checked the
website and can find no info on requesting an RMA. Called PNY in NJ
and left two messages for Customer Service, neither of which was
returned.

What the heck is the secret? This is my first experience with PNY and
may well be my last.

Anyone? Anyone?

First, try the store you bought it from. If it's a recent purchase,
it should be the least annoying and fastest. Since most stores have a
14-30 day exchange policy, RMA would be handled by the store and it
goes into "Somebody Else's problem" territory.

Second, if you have to RMA it from the manufacturer, and want to keep
trying the phone thing, try the time tested method of mashing the 0
(zero) key. Most of the voicemail mazes are set so that this gets
you to a live person or in case of technical problems (repeated
looping of the same message is sometimes a conflict between their
voicemail and your local tel. exchange -- you should let them know so
they can sort it out with the telco.).

Third. There's got to be a mailing address on the box. Assuming
you've got a fair amount of time remaining on the warranty, snail mail
may be an option. Companies rarely ignore paper messages.
Thanks,

MCheu
Old September 9th 03, 05:40 PM
Ski

Third. There's got to be a mailing address on the box. Assuming
you've got a fair amount of time remaining on the warranty, snail mail
may be an option. Companies rarely ignore paper messages.

Google
reverse phone directory,
and see if you can't match the addy on the box to a phone number somebody will
answer.

Call it hourly till you get somebody who'll actually help you. If they tell you
to call the same number you've been calling, tell e'm it doesn't work.

Ski

Ski
Old September 10th 03, 07:27 AM
Draxen

"RicM" wrote in message
I've got a defective PNY Verto GEForce4 Ti 4200. Manual says "to
obtain warranty service , phone PNY at 1-800-234-4597" but all that
does is put you in an endless recorded message loop. Checked the
website and can find no info on requesting an RMA. Called PNY in NJ
and left two messages for Customer Service, neither of which was
returned.

What the heck is the secret? This is my first experience with PNY and
may well be my last.

Anyone? Anyone?

I had a good experience with PNY, admittedly it was their European offices
though. I phoned the UK office direct and was put thru to tech support in
France, the guy was very helpful and after a quick chat agreed my Ti4200
(64MB) was defective, he emailed me an RMA number and that was that.
True, they did send an FX5200 Ultra as replacement but another chat with
their UK office got me a 128MB Ti4200 by returning the Ultra. Even with that
cock-up, and this took place around a public holiday, the whole process was
finished in less than two weeks.

Try their main switchboard,

PNY Technologies Inc.
299 Webro Road
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Tel: +00 1 973-515-9700

Old September 11th 03, 02:06 PM
Kevin Miller

DON'T call the 800 number... call the regular line to PNY and they'll
take care of you (did me)

Old September 11th 03, 09:25 PM
Robert Gault

When you call the 800 #, select video cards & general problems. This
will but you on the correct route to RMA. Select warranty and how to get
an RMA #.

It took me three calls to figure this out. However, be warned. It then
took at least 15 minutes waiting for a live rep. Once that happened, the
RMA was acquired in a few minutes.

Old September 13th 03, 10:44 AM
Bruce Banner

Call this number.
1-800-769-0142. Ext. 5344 will connect you to a guy named Marty.

I feel the same way about them. This will be my last PNY card.

Old September 24th 03, 02:31 AM
Kevin Miller

UPDATE...

got my replacement card in 3 weeks... VERY satisfied with that turn
time.. and it was an updated card. PNY will get my business again!!