My Vintage Dream PC

Old February 10th 09, 07:26 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.comp.hardware,alt.computers,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default My Vintage Dream PC

On 28 Jan, 01:50, GreenXenon wrote:

Windows3.0 Multimedia/Windowswith Mulimedia Extensions Version 1.0
is not the same thing asWindows3.0a.

Why don't you go out and test this before going out and telling users
that are obviously more knowledgeable than you that they are wrong?
Andrew is right, or at least not wrong, whereas your misinformed
comments demonstrably are. You begin with a plain vanilla copy of
Windows 3.0 and apply the Multimedia Extensions. You end up with
Windows 3.0a. That isn't up for debate: try it if you do not believe
me.

Where Andrew's answer is incomplete is the 3.0a upgrade was available
separately. That isn't the case with the multimedia though since that
incorporated 3.0a in it. In short, you can't upgrade to multimedia
without upgrading to 3.0a.

Trust me: I know all about this. I still have a program that needs
Windows running in real mode. I keep trying to upgrade but it has
never proven cost effective.

Kate
Old May 28th 09, 11:58 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.comp.hardware,alt.computers,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

Vintage Dream machine?

Apple 2C. Sheesh, that was easy ...

Old May 29th 09, 12:49 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Marten Kemp[_2_]

GreenXenon wrote:
Hi:

http://www.redhill.net.au/b/b-93.html

From the looks of all MoBo's on that site, the "UMC 386DX-40" is
probably the best for my vintage dream PC.

http://enthusiasts.dyn-o-saur.com/retro/model-t.html

The 'system contents database' doesn't mention
that it has eight 4mb 30-pin SIMMs.

--
-- Marten Kemp
(Fix name and ISP to reply)
Old May 30th 09, 01:20 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.comp.hardware,alt.computers,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
pimpom

"Jeff Strickland" wrote in message

Vintage Dream machine?

Apple 2C. Sheesh, that was easy ...

Just as easy for me: Amiga A4000. I still have an A500 (1986
model) and an A1200 (1993) in working order. Couldn't afford the
A4000.

Old June 2nd 09, 08:38 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
MagicOPromotion[_4_]

Battleforge has been getting a pretty good turnout for Legacy events
weekly and I believe on some Wednesdays. Were talking about getting a
monthly Vintage event there as well. Who would be interested? Probably
for packs, at least at first.
_______
*=== 'XRumer 5.0 Palladium' (http://www.botmasternet.com) RULEZ! ===*

--
MagicOPromotion

*-XRumer 5.0 Palladium: best promotion software-*
MagicOPromotion's Profile: http://memoryforums.com/member.php?userid=19
View this thread: http://memoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=33970